Advise for Threadripper cooling in Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

morleyc

I have a Alphacool Eisbaer Pro Aurora 360 CPU AIO on order, however given the leadtime and the fact my chip isnt cooling that great from my Corsair cooler (60 degrees idle) I am open to other options and go for a loop build - but only ever used AIO I am unsure where to start.

I have a Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL case which supports up to a 360 radiator, with a Gigabyte TRX40 Designare motherboard.

Is there a congifurator Alphacool offer or a kit that includes all the required parts - i guess like an AIO - but where I would plug manually and fill, and perhaps add some other recommended items.

Please let me know on what you would recommend for the above, may swap my AIO for a loop kit instead.

morleyc

I bought it today! But it will not ship for 5 to 6 weeks so can always reach out to sales to change it.

Budget is not so much of a issue, more after high quality and good performance.

I also dont want to go down a rabbit hole of spending too much time, so something realatively simple DIY the better :)

morleyc

Awesome thanks for the help that looks good and has some extra fittings as you say, I'm ready to buy (I'll reach out to sales to refund the other order once i place this).

Also is any filter required or would that be taken care of by the pump unit?

Last edited:

Tived

Hi morleyc,

You will need a fair bit of cooling to keep the Threadripper cool!

I have 2x280 extreme units in a Define 7 XL case same board as you.

Attachments

• 416144FF-FC48-4868-A1D7-D369FAB40F76.jpeg
    416144FF-FC48-4868-A1D7-D369FAB40F76.jpeg
    471.6 KB · Views: 2

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
I am cooling a 1950X + 2080Ti with one 360mm ST30 at home. Fans are running with max 1100rpm, temperatures on CPU ~ 70° on GPU ~ 60°. Not the best temperatures, but good enough for me. That only as an example so you can see what you maybe need as cooling surface.

morleyc

Thanks guys, order placed. I may look at the 45 radiator instead of 30, I'll measure it up in a moment.

For the Gigabyte TRX40 Designare would be great to get a water cooler block for the chipset or VRM there is one 10,000rpm fan on that board which is stupid loud I have to throttle it back in bios fan settings!