AIO expansion (GPU and CPU)

markya23

Hi guys

I’m building a hi performance PC for a friend that they want to rack mount in a media cabinet (yes, ventilation is a problem!)

I’ve settled on one of the Silverstone GD07 or GD08 cases as they rack mount and have bottom venting so I can install a grill in the bottom of the cabinet and get the heat out. They both has a dual 240mm fan port in the bottom and a 240mm fan array on the side, however I’ve used them before and there is a third undocumented fan space on the bottom and I’ve “internet evidence” that someone has put a 360mm radiator in there before! I’m looking at running a water loop but it’s really tight in the case and there’s not real room for a dedicated reservoir. I’ve never used the Eisbaer and Eiswolf systems before, but they’ve been recommend to me so I’m trying to work out if they’ll do what I need! I’m thinking of mounting a 360mm Eiswolf 2 in the downwards facing bottom fan area on the case with the fans on exhaust and at 240mm Eisbaer240 on intake on the side bay. I’ll attach these together using the quick release system.

This will cool a Ryzen 5900x and a 3080 TI (probably a Gigabyte one - I’ve checked the options and there’s compatible plates for all the options I have)

Is there anything I should be aware of, I think there’s plenty of cooling capacity. I’m not sure how to make sure the pumps work together and if I will need any extra parts to connect them together? It doesn’t need to look pretty, it just needs to work!

Thanks!

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
I see a problem with the Eiswolf. Normally, the radiator serves as an expansion tank, but if the pump unit of the Eiswolf should be very high, higher than the radiator, then the pump will eventually draw air, because in every circuit is and must always be a little air. And if the pump gets air, then the pump will eventually become incredibly noisy and then die. There are various expansion tanks in different sizes. The Silverstone cases are not that small. Basically, they are normal ATX cases laid on their side with an adapted hardware arrangement. There are many examples on the net that show a complete water cooling system including the expansion tank. I would rather orientate myself on that.