Air bubble in the pump of the Eisbear Pro Aurora 360

hargan3

Hello everyone.
In my Eisbear Pro Aurora 360 AIO stock cooler I have an air bubble in the pump that can be seen from the transparent part.
The bubble was already present at the time of purchase.
Will it be better to add some liquid or does the bubble have to be present to facilitate the circulation of the liquid?

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @hargan3

Some air must be available for the water to expand during temperature fluctuations.
If the bubble is no bigger than a coin now, you don't need to fill it up. If the container is already half empty, you can try to get the air into the radiator via the return line.
If there is already so much air in the radiator that it sounds like a half-full water bottle (splashing, bubbling) when moving, then you should top up the cooling water so that the cooling performance does not suffer.

Best Regards

kmcferrin

Hello everyone.
In my Eisbear Pro Aurora 360 AIO stock cooler I have an air bubble in the pump that can be seen from the transparent part.
The bubble was already present at the time of purchase.
Will it be better to add some liquid or does the bubble have to be present to facilitate the circulation of the liquid?
I've had that before, and I just set the PC on its side and lift one corner so that the air bubble ends up going into the out tube and pumped up into the radiator. Problem solved. It also might go away on its own over time. When I first mounted my GPU vertically I would see some bubbles in it, but after running for a day or two they have worked themselves out.