Air in Eiswolf2 7900XTX version

devinbaines

I have the MBA 7900 XTX Eiswolf 2, which has been running for about three weeks. About 5 days ago, I got a vertical mount kit for my Lancool III and mounted the card vertically. I noticed that there's an air bubble in the upper left corner. The rad is vertically mounted with the tubes at the top, well above the level of the pump.

Anything to be concerned about?

Attachments

• PXL_20230605_122539813.jpg
    PXL_20230605_122539813.jpg
    785.8 KB · Views: 13

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

if you mount the radiator in the front, the fittings should be always at the bottom. Otherwise the air, which should be in the radiator is going back in the system and can get stuck there like it did in your case. Please try to vent the system and mount the radiator as written in the manual above the pump, in the best case it would be mounted in the top of your case. If you mount it in the front, make sure, that the fittings are at the bottom and a part of the radiator is above the pump.

devinbaines

Hi,

if you mount the radiator in the front, the fittings should be always at the bottom. Otherwise the air, which should be in the radiator is going back in the system and can get stuck there like it did in your case. Please try to vent the system and mount the radiator as written in the manual above the pump, in the best case it would be mounted in the top of your case. If you mount it in the front, make sure, that the fittings are at the bottom and a part of the radiator is above the pump.
My CPU AIO is on top. I will reverse the orientation to put it tubes down.

Thanks.

devinbaines

That seems easy enough to do but also a pain in the butt. I don't want to disassemble my system at the moment - I only just got it to where I want it after waiting months for the cooler. I will keep an eye on it and perhaps on some future afternoon when I am bored, I may take it apart and refill it.

devinbaines

So I've replicated the contents of that out-of-date video twice now and I continue to have this problem. I do as instructed in the video, but the size of the air pocket that is clearly visible in the water block doesn't ever seem to make it to the top of the radiator at the fill port. After repeated shaking, etc., one would expect the air pocket to make it to the top of the rad but it doesn't seem to translate into that outcome.

Suggestions? AC, you really need a newer, more specific video for the Eiswolf 2. That content is 3+ years old and while it may technically still be accurate, it reflects poorly on you because it feels out of date. That unit does not look like mine, so even if it's technically fine, I feel it's not addressing my issue.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

The only difference, between both products is only the design. The technical part and how to vent and refill is still identical and won´t change, even with a new product.

If you can´t vent the system by yourself, you have to contact info@alphacool.com to start a RMA complain. Please don´t forget to attach a invoice copy or the order number, if you have ordered from us.