Alpha Cool Eiswolf Clouding on the Gfx card

arjunp2085

Hi,

I have a Eiswolf that's been Running Great. I get Memory Temps of 80C During stress testing. Ambient is around 30 Deg C i live in a hot country..

The Cooler has been on for about a month now i see this Some white formations .. not sure what this is ? Should i clean the Loop?

Please see the attached Photos

Attachments

• IMG_20210512_183237_2.jpg
    IMG_20210512_183237_2.jpg
    581.9 KB · Views: 10

arjunp2085

I am at a place outside of your Warranty Coverage. I just need information on what these might be. I did add More Distilled water as i had to change the Water Block to something that supported my Gfx card.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
If you changed the water or added something, then the liquid was probably not very good. This only happens if the water is contaminated. I can't tell you exactly what it is from the pictures.
Not all distilled water is the same. There are big differences in quality in various countries. If I had to guess... I would guess that the water had a high lime content. But I'm not sure.

arjunp2085

If you changed the water or added something, then the liquid was probably not very good. This only happens if the water is contaminated. I can't tell you exactly what it is from the pictures.
Not all distilled water is the same. There are big differences in quality in various countries. If I had to guess... I would guess that the water had a high lime content. But I'm not sure.

If I have to Drain the Liquid fully and refill what Generic water can i go for (Alpha Cool Liquid i would have to Import too Expensive and Long distance) ?? Would Just Sterile Water from Pharmacy would work? What other additives should i go for?

arjunp2085

Can i use "Corsair Hydro X XL5 Performance 1L" or "Corsair Hydro X XL8" Both seem to be available here .

How many Litres will i need to fully top this Radiator and Card

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Uff... not really sure... but 1L should be enough. Sorry, really didn`t know that exactly. I would say.... 300-400ml.

Angelus45

I am having the same problem it's starting to look clouded, and haven't replaced the coolant. Did replacing the coolant for corsair xl5 worked?

arjunp2085

Hi Angelus45,

Yes that did fix the Problem.. I did Dismantle the whole Block Cleaned it Dried it and refilled with the new Coolant . has been Running like a charm Since . i do have a CPU Cooler on order for extending the loop ..

Thanks,
Arjun