Alphacool Core Distro Plate 240 DDC Pump

bizanti

Hi Alphacool,
I love your distro plate 240mm, but unfortunately it is not compatible with a DDC pump
I checked the manual, and by any chance, by removing the block where the d5 pump is kept (the green circle) can I put the DDC pump (the red square)?
dsdsdsds.png
or are there plans for a DDC version?

Thanks.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
A DDC pump can never fit on a distroplate or reservoir with a bracket for D5/VPP pumps. We will not make versions for DDC pumps. DDC pumps are dying out in the water cooling market. The ratio of sales between D5 and DDC pumps is now around 1:300 for D5 pumps.

bizanti

A DDC pump can never fit on a distroplate or reservoir with a bracket for D5/VPP pumps.
I got the impression that they were like those distroplates that are compatible with DDC and D5 pumps, like some of the EKWD, stealkeycustoms or Singularity ones.

We will not make versions for DDC pumps.
341267900_950625992733211_8470400225424086082_n.jpg
The ratio of sales between D5 and DDC pumps is now around 1:300 for D5 pumps.
what will happen to your alphacool dc-lt pumps?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
I have never seen a distroplate or reservoir where it is possible to mount DDC and D5 pumps. I do not even know how that should go, since both pumps have a completely different pump geometry. All manufacturers I know always offer two versions. Either D5 or DDC but not both in one.
Can you please show me an example?
what will happen to your alphacool dc-lt pumps?
How may I understand this question? Basically, the DC-LT is a very compact pump for small cooling circuits. In a large circuit where distroplates are used, for example, this pump does not make so much sense. It would then be a bit too weak.

bizanti

Can you please show me an example?

singularity computers, they even sell the brackets separately.
1689960044755.png
1689960122258.png
the singularity computers bracket is where the pump is mounted, it does not have the design of the pump directly on the distroplate, it is a design that if you do not want a pump you can convert it into a distro without a pump and cover those inputs with a plug
https://www.performance-pcs.com/water-cooling/reservoirs/resonance-d5-reservoir-combo-single.html (image 2)
1689959849690.png
https://singularitycomputers.com/product/resonance-2-0-argb-d5-reservoir-combo-single/#&gid=1&pid=14 (image 14)

1689960500210.png

stealkeycustoms:
all stealkeycustoms distroplaceas that have bomb are compatible with DDC and D5
the guys at stealkeycustoms have mounted the pump orifice on the distroplate unlike singularity computers.
1689954694661.png1689954713605.png
and manual: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0753/6607/2663/files/Montageanleitung_120D_DE.pdf?v=1687439850
Apparently you can mount the ddc pump directly on the distro (pink circle), and the bracket (blue square) is for the d5 pump
as you can see in this video 8:44 minute and at minute 10:24 you can see a ddc being set up
1689961504103-png.5351

this video shows (minute 5:1) the creation of the Crossflow distroplate, with the same type of orifice as the uni 120 in more detail (6:45)
1689964449603.png

,and which is compatible with ddc and d5

1689963732156.png
How may I understand this question? Basically, the DC-LT is a very compact pump for small cooling circuits. In a large circuit where distroplates are used, for example, this pump does not make so much sense. It would then be a bit too weak.

You are right that a distroplate is weak. But I got the impression that you would stop producing this type of pump successively because of the sales ratio.
there are some interesting projects using the DC-LT pump like the SGA120v1.0. you can see it in the video:

Edit:

Custom WC in AIO style for VGA - SVGA240v1.0 - Part 1 using DC-LT pump​

and

SGA120v2 alphacool edition​

Edit2:
ekwb also sells it, and apparently uses the same principle as stealkeycustoms.
Manual:
the manual is well detailed on how to fit D5/DDC pumps (page 10).

Attachments

• 1689962286387.png
    1689962286387.png
    509.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 1689961504103.png
    1689961504103.png
    154.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Such a thin acrylic plate as a holder... brave. I find it quite amazing, because for the DDC pump and the D5 pump actually use different geometriene for the water flow to achieve an optimal flow.

However, DDC pumps are dying out. Sales have been dropping dramatically for several years. DDC pumps already hardly play a role in the market, so we will no longer implement something like this.

There are always interesting projects from people who like to tinker and create something unique. I think it's great that people take so much time. But as a company, this market is so small that it is not profitable to serve it. Water cooling is a niche. And serving another tiny niche in that niche is not profitable and we have bills to pay as well.

bizanti

so we will no longer implement something like this.
F
There are always interesting projects from people who like to tinker and create something unique. I think it's great that people take so much time. But as a company, this market is so small that it is not profitable to serve it. Water cooling is a niche. And serving another tiny niche in that niche is not profitable and we have bills to pay as well.
I completely understand

changing the subject.
Will we ever see a D5 pump in the style of the D5 NEXT pump? I'm not asking for a software, because I know it's very complicated, but something to see the temperature, flow and rpm from the pump like the d5 next does on its screen.

And another thing, do you have an official shop on Taobao/tmall ?
Is this by any chance your official shop ?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
In terms of pumps, we will go a different way. The pumps will be more compact and smaller but more powerful. Displays and the like are also planned in the long term, but not directly on the pumps, but rather integrated into other products.
And yes, this is an offical shop from us for the china market ;)