Alphacool eisbaer 240 dead pump ? Bought in june of 2018

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
AGB -> reservoir

Cleaning and refilling the Eisbaer is similar. But if all this is too much trouble for you, then simply send an RMA and have the Eisbaer exchanged.

DaveS

Hey the process is not similar in the direct context. You example was a custom cooling loop constructed to be easily maintained with a drain plug built in so an in place flush and fill operation could be performed. This is why I asked you if you know about the Eisbaer 240, which is NOT built for this operation, thus not similar.

I built the computer and it has worked wonderfully for over 2 years so I am competent enough to follow directions to do maintenance or upgrades. What I am looking for is a step by step process that teaches me how to do the flush and fill operation. And that is where you and your fellow support staff have failed me. I even modeled for you what I was looking for in a previous message, remember the one that had 1), 2), ... 9)

If you could teach me how to do the maintenance on the 240 in a bulleted list of steps like I modeled earlier, or had a youtube video to direct me to then I could be on my merry way, spreading good cheer and word of mouth extolling your personal and professional virtues, that would be great.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
With an AIO, such maintenance is not really provided for. Hence the reference to the RMA. Otherwise, the only solution is to remove the AIO completely, empty it via the fill port and refill it via the fill port.
The procedure is similar here. Fill with distilled water, let it run, drain everything again and then refill.

If the cooling fins are clogged, you can dismantle and clean the radiator bottom after draining. To do this, loosen the 4 screws at the bottom and remove the bottom. But since it's an AIO, you would lose the warranty if you didn't discuss the whole thing directly with the support team. That's why we don't have any instructions for this, because it's not really what customers want to do.

DaveS

Awesome! That is the information I was looking for. How do I RMA the product? What information do I need to supply? What steps need to be performed(I know how to remove the unit from my computer so you can exclude those)?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Depends on where you bought it. Normally, the exchange is done in the shop where you bought the cooler.