Alphacool Eisbaer 360 overheating problem

yangui

Hi everyone,

I bought an Alphacool Eisbaer 360 on August 2019 for a new PC. I bought a brand new 9900K (no overclock) in a Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900. The goal was to have a really silent PC for audio work. I never modified the watercooling system.

From 2020 and on, I never had any problem. CPU was around 65°C in full charge. Never touched it from the day I mounted it.

3 weeks ago I bought a new m2 SSD and had to lay down the case to mount it on the motherboard (Asus Prime Z390A).

Since then my CPU goes systematically up to 100°C when running heavy job.

I visually checked the pump which seems to be working fine (see videos below). The BIOS and HWINFO both report a healthy +/- 2800 rpm.

Fans are PWM controlled between 390/980 rpm. I tried full speed just in case.

I search for pinches on the tubes but with the springs around them they look fine to me.

I am puzzled, I tried to shake the whole case to see whether something like bubles could prevent fluid running but to no avail.

I thougt AIO system was a set and forget type of watercooling (sorry I am pretty new to this).

What should I do now ?

Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• IMG_4801.jpg
    IMG_4801.jpg
    452.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4802.jpg
    IMG_4802.jpg
    615 KB · Views: 8
  • hwinfo.JPG
    hwinfo.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 9
  • hwinfo-fullcharge.JPG
    hwinfo-fullcharge.JPG
    362.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

as you can see very good in your videos, you have to maintanance the system, since you have bacteria and algae in your system. This is completely normal with a water cooling system and should be done regulary.
For this you have to remove the old liquid, remove the copper plate and clean it with distilled water and a soft tooth brush. After that flush the whole system to remove the outstanding deposits and remount the copper plate, refill the system and vent everything. After that the AIO should work again, without any problems.

yangui

HI,

as you can see very good in your videos, you have to maintanance the system, since you have bacteria and algae in your system. This is completely normal with a water cooling system and should be done regulary.
For this you have to remove the old liquid, remove the copper plate and clean it with distilled water and a soft tooth brush. After that flush the whole system to remove the outstanding deposits and remount the copper plate, refill the system and vent everything. After that the AIO should work again, without any problems.
Thanks for your reply. Is there anyway to kill all bacteria and algae with something like Isopropylic alcohol ?

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
hi,

Please don´t use Isopropylic alcohol, since it will destroy the acryl parts in the system. Normally flushing with distilled water is enough but you can also use special cleaning additives like our core Loop cleaner

yangui

hi,

Please don´t use Isopropylic alcohol, since it will destroy the acryl parts in the system. Normally flushing with distilled water is enough but you can also use special cleaning additives like our core Loop cleaner

Ok I purchased 2 bottles of Ultra Pure Water and 1 of Core Loop Cleaning.

When I just ran clean water the first time there was still some blue gunk floating around. The copper plate was dirty with blueish debris so I cleaned it with a soft toothbrush. The color of the plate was black and left no residue on the toothbrush (sorry I didn't take picture).

However when I ran the Core Loop Cleaning fluid the clear water went very opaque and dirty, so ran it 2 times (the water went out blue). When I tried to clean the copper plate it had completely changed color and the toothbrush was soiled by dark powder that could not be rinced with water (see pics attached).

Did the nickel plating disappeared ?!

I followed the instructions by the book, please tell me it isn't ruined !

Attachments

• IMG_4818.jpg
    IMG_4818.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4820.jpg
    IMG_4820.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4819.jpg
    IMG_4819.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 11

Arran

seems like your pump may be broken or a blockage of some kind, just having a heat transfer in contact with the cpu would keep it cool for a short period of time, until the stagnant water reaches its thermal capacity. So if its instantly hitting those temps, its likely an issue with the voltages or boost clocks etc. if it take a good while to reach that its probably the water not being pumped into the rad. In terms of the block itself in those later images, nickel is silver/chrome, so that block would be copper without plating, if it were plated that would be on the exterior of the block, not on the inside, copper loses its shine to natural oxidisation, the dust is likely similar to rust not exactly the same but to give you the idea.