Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora 280 High Temps (Dead Pump?)

Delarok

Hi, i recently bought an 280 mm alphacool eiswolf eisbaer aurora and connected it to my 360 mm alphacool eiswolf 2. My CPU is now hitting 100 degrees my gpu is around 70 degree. I even remounted the cpu cooler to make sure there is equal pressure and enough contact. Something i noticed is that the top 280 mm radiator gets extremly hot while the front 360 mm radiator stays way cooler and is barely warm. I am also not even sure if the cpu pump is running and if the gpu pump is doing all the work. The bios says both pumps are running around 2700 rpm but if i look into the window i would assume that something is moving which is not the case. Any idea what that could be?

pdifolco

I got exactly the same setup (except my Eisbaer isn't Aurora...), but connecting both did work correctly...
If pumps do report running in BIOS they work, so what can happen is that you've lost coolant while doing the connection, then you should check and refill the system (through Eiswolf rad or Eisbaer block, both have fill ports)

kiwle

Hi, i recently bought an 280 mm alphacool eiswolf eisbaer aurora and connected it to my 360 mm alphacool eiswolf 2. My CPU is now hitting 100 degrees my gpu is around 70 degree. I even remounted the cpu cooler to make sure there is equal pressure and enough contact. Something i noticed is that the top 280 mm radiator gets extremly hot cinema hd while the front 360 mm radiator stays way cooler and is barely warm. I am also not even sure if the cpu pump is running and if the gpu pump is doing all the work. The bios says both pumps are running around 2700 rpm but if i look into the window i would assume that something is moving which is not the case. Any idea what that could be?
Hello, I have this same cooler. I am curious if you can see a bubble in the top window. I am trying to figure out if mine is set up correctly. Thank you.

Last edited:

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Hello, I have this same cooler. I am curious if you can see a bubble in the top window. I am trying to figure out if mine is set up correctly. Thank you.
Is it just the air bubble that bothers you or are temperature problems annoying you?

pdifolco

Re your pic
I'm not sure that one tube connecting CPU and GPU is the best setup, could you rather connect cpu => rad1 => gpu =>rad2 => cpu ?