Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora 420 RGB Aio

Pracco

Hello,
i have a question for this product. Sorry for my bad english first :)

I bought the Eisbaer Aurora 420. Actually i have the AsRock Z170 Extreme 6 Mainboard with a i7-6700K.
Planing to buy a Z590 Board with 11900K when available.

I cant see the Intel 1200 socket in the compability list for this cooler.
The Eisbaer Aurora Solo RGB has the 1200 socket in the compability list.

Will i get any problems with the Aio Cooler and the Intel socket 1200?
Thanks!

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Your english is fine, dont worry.

No, you will not get any problems with the socket 1200. Socket 1200 has the same mounting system like the older Intel sockets like 1151 or 1150. There is no different between both sockets for the coolers.

Btw... please check the compatiblity with that Z590 Board and the new 11 series from Intel. Maybe you will need a Bios update to run the new CPUs. And if you dont have an older CPU, maybe you will get in trouble.

Pracco

Thank you for the fast reply!

I think the new Z590 boards will be 11 series ready. If not, i have a i5 10400 at work :)

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
It should be ready, yes... but if you bought the mainboard now, "mayby" you need a new bios ;-) I know some people from the past with similar problems. And it was a mess to get a CPU without buying it to make a bios update ;-)

Pracco

I will wait until the new generation is officially released.
In Germany one reseller has already selled the 11700K CPU.
Some users in a german forum have already successfully tested the cpu without any problems on z590.
That gives me good hope :D

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Yeah, Mindfactory sold 120 of it. That was everything they had on stock. It is one of the biggest hardware retailer in germany.

Pracco

And guess what ...
They actually sell it again.
And you know what? :D
I ordered a 11700K with a Z590 board a few Minutes ago. My eyes were stronger then my brain :)

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
? ? ? ? Well... enjoy your new system. Do you still have thermal paste for the new CPU?

Pracco

Now that you mention it, I still have Thermal grizzly conductonaut from delidding my 6700K. :geek:
Can i use it for the Eisbaer aurora?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Sure :) I only asked because many people then start to rebuild the system and only then realise that they no longer have any heat-conducting paste. Which is of course terribly annoying. ;)