Alphacool Eisbaer Extreme 280 and Fractal Design R6

marcgk

Hi,

I would like to know if the Eisbaer Extreme (11594) cooler is compatible with the Fractal Design Define R6. In the desprición of the product says that it fits in this case. But I have read in other forums that it does not fit.

Where should I mount it, on the top or front?

Thanks
Marc.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
The Eisbaer Extreme is compatible with the Fractal Define R6 Midi Tower. You can mount it on the Top, but you have to remove some HDD cages.

Have a nice day.

marcgk

Hi Vanzin, thanks for your reply.
And with the height of the ram, can I have any issue?

Thank you in advance.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
This can I not tell you. The Eisbaer Extreme is 64mm thick. Please check if it will fit with your Mainboard and ram

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
@marcgk
The good thing is, with the fractal housing, the radiator position is laterally offset. So that there is more space for radiator and fan. in most cases, that's not how you collide with the Ram (they copyed it from Nanoxia). The radiator and the fans are led past it. BUT.... this usually only works with RAM memory that doesn't have high heatspreaders.

Thats not a warrenty that everything will fit. But its a good reason to check it out.

marcgk

Thank you very much for the replies.

@Eddy I will have to try.

If it doesn't work, I'll put it to the front, but I'm worried it won't get the best performance

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
The performance is very similar. I would say, it will be better if you put it to the front. Because, there it can suck fresh air from outside. If you put it on the top, it will suck the warm air from the inside of the case.

marcgk

Hi @Eddy

But the fans are in Pull, if I put it in the front also suck the warm air from inside, right?

Can the orientation of the fans be changed to push?

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
If you want change the orientation of the fans you have to dismantle the whole unit. Then you can turn the fans.

artahmationd

Hi,

I would like to know if the Eisbaer Extreme (11594) cooler is compatible with the Fractal Design Define R6. In the desprición of the product says that it fits in this case. But I have read in other forums that it does not fit.

Thanks
Marc.
Did you try this? If so, which orientation did you use? Did you have to do anything special?

zalanreilly

Hi,

I would like to know if the Eisbaer Extreme (11594) cooler is compatible Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin with the Fractal Design Define R6. In the desprición of the product says that it fits in this case. But I have read in other forums that it does not fit.

Thanks
Marc.
which orientation did you use? Did you have to do anything special?

Last edited: