Alphacool Eisbaer LT360 All-in-One 360mm Liquid CPU Cooller - not cooling (very well)

gerryc

Hi,

I've noticed my cooler is no longer cooling as it used to. I've reseated the block and redone the thermal paste but it doesn't seem to help. I've noticed that the pipes feel cool and so does the radiator and I cannot feel any vibration from the pump. However, the motherboard monitor indicates that the pump is working. the fans do not seem to make any difference no matter what speed they are on. cpu is around 50 degrees in idle and at the moment I can't do anything with the pc as the temp just jumps really high very quickly.

Can you help?

Thanks
G

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
How did you connect the pumpe? Directly on the CPU-Fan header? Did you check if that header is running with 100% without any kind of regulation?

gerryc

Thanks for the response. Yes the pump connector is connected direcly to the motherboard 'pump connection' the CPU fan is connected directly to the cpu fan connector. I've tried switching off the regulation on the pump and cpu fans. The motherboard monitor is indicating that the pump is running at 2800rpm and fan @ 1700.
Thanks

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
I assume the cooler or the jet plate on it is probably blocked. Do you have the possibilty to check the flow rate? May i ask where you are from?

gerryc

Hi, I'm from the UK. I'm not sure how to check the flow rate, do I need special tools for that? By the way I'm using a MSI b450 max with a 3600 ryzen 5.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Well i can offer you two options. You send us the unit we check what the problem is and repair/replace it if its needed. But in this case you need to pay the shipping to us and we will pay for the return. If you think you are able to clean the block/pump unit by your self we can send you the spare parts and some fluid. Please let us know. Thank you.

gerryc

Thank you. I'm minded to send the unit to you thanks for helping. if you could provide instructions on how and where to return that would be great.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Just send us the unit back. Please do not forget to include a copy of the invocie and a short notice about the problem.
Our address is:

Alphacool International GmbH
Marienberger Str. 1
38122 Braunschweig
Germany.

I will PM you my personel email address to avoid miss communication.

hortiSquash

Just send us the unit back. Please do not forget to include a copy of the invocie and a short notice about the problem.
Our address is:

Alphacool International GmbH
Marienberger Str. 1
38122 Braunschweig
Germany.

I will PM you my personel email address to avoid miss communication.

Hello

I am getting the same problem with similar configuration (Eisbaer 280 and also Ryzen3600). I am getting 50°C idle and 75°C full load whatever the voltages are. I peaked at 72°C with an heavy undervolt of 1.1V and 75°C at 1.45V with an heavy overclock. I should be expecting 20°C lower withan AIO this big.

However, I believe I found the source of the problem. Ryzen 3000 series (including our 3600) have a high heat density located on the side of the IHS, while "classic" chips have a central large hot die, therefore the waterblock fins are not located on top of the hot part and do not cool it efficiently AT ALL.

Some people recommend tilting the waterblock by 90° so the covered area is a bit better, but in case of the Eisbaer with its own little reservoir its impossible because the pump wont be lubricated anymore.

That would explain a lot, if so it wont be solved by a new AIO. I hope to be wrong, please tell me what you think about this.

Have a nice day everyone

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hi There,

Some people recommend tilting the waterblock by 90°
Well Igor has on this issue a very nice review:

Even if you turn the block 90° it does not help much. We where all surprized after we saw the possitioning of the core from AMD. Yes you are right there is no AIO on the market which can offer an optimum solution for the Ryzen.