Alphacool Eisbaer LT360 CPU-Black Ask about pump control

yusuke

I am Japanese. I bought this product at a Japanese distributor. As for the title, I am using ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI GENE, and I tried to connect the pump with the water pump header, but I couldn't control it and the pump was rotating at full speed. Is the pump rotating at full speed, or can it be controlled by the motherboard? Do you need to worry about products that rotate at full speed?

davido_labido

Hi,

Most pump headers on motherboards run the pumps at 100% and are not controllable. This is due to some other AIO units not spinning up unless it has a 100% signal so they fail.

Some motherboard brands do allow you to control the header (sometimes in bios, sometimes via software) but I am not familiar with the XI Gene, so I am unsure if this is possible.

The Eisbaer LT360 would be fine ran at full speed, but you could also use one of the other headers if you wish. I usually just leave it on the pump header though.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
You can also choose the an easy way.... use a 7v adaptor. There is no real reason to controll the pump speed.

yusuke

Hello
It is standard that the pump rotates at full speed.
Is it okay to recognize that there is no problem?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
If you don`t controll the pump, yes. If you have connect the pump on your mainboards, its also normal. The most mainboards start at full power and then they control down. Same with a lot of other controllers.

TorrinFu

Hi...as per my understanding the problem is the PWM line is pulled inside the fans to the rail and sags or drifts away. it is normal that depending on the fans and motherboard it can drive PWM signal only to 3 fans in parallel, some does more, some doesn't.There are rare cases for people wanting to hook up more than 3 fans on the same header as motherboards have plenty of them these days.

pcb manufacturer

Last edited: