Alphacool Eisbaer lt360 pump RPM control?

Dragonber1

I recently bought this AIO mainly to reduce the overall noise of the system due to its silent pump. Currently I'm controlling the pump RPM it via the mainboard CPU header with a standard fan curve, rather than running it at full speed. My main concern is the RPM range of the pump, I don't know if changing RPM through load can hurt its lifespan or if the RPM I set is too low for it to work correctly. There is no information about this in the official website only a mention of running the pump at 7v.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Since each pump fluctuates somewhat in the speed, there is no official information about the rpm at 7V. If you can only specify the rpm, you should set it to a minimum of 1800-1900 rpm. This corresponds to 7V operation.

BUT... because we don't know which voltage your motherboard actually works with, this information is without guarantee.

Dragonber1

Since each pump fluctuates somewhat in the speed, there is no official information about the rpm at 7V. If you can only specify the rpm, you should set it to a minimum of 1800-1900 rpm. This corresponds to 7V operation.

BUT... because we don't know which voltage your motherboard actually works with, this information is without guarantee.

Thanks this information is much appreciated I can set a PWM percentage in the bios and see the RPM its running at in real time, so I can change it correctly.

altermann

Greetings. Just joined to the community to ask for help.
3 days ago I installed new LT360 and cool my 3900x is ok, strange for me that idle temperature is around 47-50 C. But anyway, the question is different.
I can't see and control its RPMs, neither in BIOS, not in Gigabyte software Aorus system information viewer. Motherboard is Aorus x570 Elite.
Can someone help me, advise? How I can be sure that pump is really working except temperature monitoring?

Dragonber1

Greetings. Just joined to the community to ask for help.
3 days ago I installed new LT360 and cool my 3900x is ok, strange for me that idle temperature is around 47-50 C. But anyway, the question is different.
I can't see and control its RPMs, neither in BIOS, not in Gigabyte software Aorus system information viewer. Motherboard is Aorus x570 Elite.
Can someone help me, advise? How I can be sure that pump is really working except temperature monitoring?

I have a similar setup with the 3900x and upgraded b550 master from a defective x570 ultra. I’ve been using the lt 360 for a year by now.

Zen3 idle temps should be mostly ignored they are too inconsistent, focus on load temps. In my system I get between 72c-76c when running cinebench r20 for thirty minutes Though peaks to 80 are normal.

REMEMBER connect the pump DC cable to the CPU FAN connector, you should be able to control it through the bios fan menu. Minimum pump speed should be set between 1700 and 1900 RPM which translates to 60% PWR in gigabyte’s bios. In my case I set it at 60% 60c and 100% 70c.

altermann

I have a similar setup with the 3900x and upgraded b550 master from a defective x570 ultra. I’ve been using the lt 360 for a year by now.

Zen3 idle temps should be mostly ignored they are too inconsistent, focus on load temps. In my system I get between 72c-76c when running cinebench r20 for thirty minutes Though peaks to 80 are normal.

REMEMBER connect the pump DC cable to the CPU FAN connector, you should be able to control it through the bios fan menu. Minimum pump speed should be set between 1700 and 1900 RPM which translates to 60% PWR in gigabyte’s bios. In my case I set it at 60% 60c and 100% 70c.
It is connected already to CPU FAN connector on MB. It was in CPU OPT since the beginning, because in Gigabyte manual saying "CPU OPT is for water cooling". No matter, it is on CPU FAN but I see 0 RPMS, mean time I can hear quiet crackle from inside the case.
Did I broke something while connected it to CPU OPT? It is just connector... And both are for coolers.

Dragonber1

It is connected already to CPU FAN connector on MB. It was in CPU OPT since the beginning, because in Gigabyte manual saying "CPU OPT is for water cooling". No matter, it is on CPU FAN but I see 0 RPMS, mean time I can hear quiet crackle from inside the case.
Did I broke something while connected it to CPU OPT? It is just connector... And both are for coolers.

mmm very strange, check if you set it on DC instead of auto or PWM in the bios. If It still doesn't work then it could be defective or broken. It should have worked correctly on any of the motherboard's connectors as long as fan PWR is over 40%.

altermann

mmm very strange, check if you set it on DC instead of auto or PWM in the bios. If It still doesn't work then it could be defective or broken. It should have worked correctly on any of the motherboard's connectors as long as fan PWR is over 40%.
I selected DC, but seems no difference - BIOS and soft both are show -rpms. But I heard how pump changes speed. It somehow works but I can't manage it.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Could it be that you have only PWM connectors on your board? Because PWM gives only 12V but the pump need a voltage regulation. It will not work with a PWM header.

Dragonber1

Could it be that you have only PWM connectors on your board? Because PWM gives only 12V but the pump need a voltage regulation. It will not work with a PWM header.

His board and mine have similar fan control the 4 pin fan connectors change “automatically” between voltage and PWM control. This behavior can be changed manually in the BIOS, that’s something I suggested in the posts above.

However, I tried this cooler on 3 Gigabyte boards; x570 Ultra, x570 I Pro Wi-Fi and B550 master, with no issues in PUMP RPM control both at default and manual settings.

altermann

Have you tried to change from “normal” to manual and edit the curve?

Hi.
Strange thing... I switched control to manual and, as was stated above, control method already was power (or voltage. no matter).
Since that time I can control the RPMs in BIOS changing graph manually or in Gigabyte software called "System information viewer".
Now I can see pump rpms and also control them.

So next question it why...
I payed for this AIO 141$. Why I should dance around it looking for workarounds to get it work like it designed?
Why this pump doesn't support PWM with 4 pin connector? According to Dragonber1 he haven't seen such problems, even on
x570 Ultra

I don't understand...
Eddy do you have any idea or advise what's wrong im my case? We can troubleshoot somhow if needed.