alphacool eisblock rtx 4080 reference 13441 temperature issue

mrmcgoo

Hi guys. This is my first post and hate that it's not a great post so please be gentle :) So i purchased this block from another uk site for my inno3d rtx 4080 super x3, for which it is listed compatible. However, after 3 repastes, I have the same temperature issue of 62c gpu 74c hotspot after full loop saturation with 33.5c water temps and 1500rpm fan speed. I have used all the provided thermal paste and even used another rather expensive thermal paste after the third try and the temps remained the same. Others using the same gpu and block combo are getting far better temps. Could I have an issue?

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

could you please send us some photos of the imprints of the thermal paste and pads, so that we can check it.

mrmcgoo

unfortunately, i have taken the gpu apart and don't plan on putting it back together until i get this issue sorted and have since gone back to the stock air cooler which give me the same gpu temp of 62c but only 69c on the hotspot so the air cooler is better. but when i last took it apart all the pads had imprints on them but the thermal paste while had spread was still thick i.e nothing had ooze out the edges as if there wasn't enough pressure

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

I am sorry but without photos we can´t check what the problem is and help you.

mrmcgoo

so i put my block back on but without the vram thermal pads and my temps instantly dropped to 51c under 320 watt load that a 11c drop in temps. ok my vram temps hit 82c but the test was valid that the vram thermal pads are too thick. so i took the block off and put the thermal pads back on and of course temps rose to 65c but that due to ambient temps being 4c higher. during all of this i stupidly forgot to take pictures. Do you guys have thinner pads for the block. i heard someone having similar issues got 0.75mm vram thermal pads as a replacement and that fixed his issues?

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

as we have wrote you, we will need photos, where we can check the imprints and placement of the thermal pads and the thermal paste. Without them we can´t check if there is any problem and offer spare parts.