Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora CPU Water Block, Digital RGB not working with 3-pin 5V ARGB connector

gl2020

I just bought and installed this Eisblock XPX Aurora CPU Water Block and it does not work using my motherboards 3-pin 5V ARGB connector. It works with the Alphacool controller but I want it to work with my motherboards 3-pin 5V ARGB connector.

I have a Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora (Solo) - Digital RGB and the Alphacool Eisball Reservoir and Pump Combo which works with the same motherboard 3-pin 5V ARGB.

The Eisblock XPX lights up but the lights all light static and different colors and it cannot be controlled by software like the Eisbaer Aurora and the Alphacool Eisball.

Am i missing something or do I need to return this item?

The Eisblock XPX Aurora CPU Water Block manual says: "Of course, the Alphacool Eisblock Aurora coolers can also be connected and controlled via mainboards using the standard 3-pin 5V connector"

Picture attached

Attachments

• Eisblock XPX Aurora CPU Water Block.jpg
    Eisblock XPX Aurora CPU Water Block.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 5

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

when the LEDs are working with a external controller like ours, then is the problem in your controller(motherboard) and not the LED Strip. Did you check that you didn´t connect to much LED to the Header on your motherboard? Most Motherboards can only handle 120LEDs on one Header. As I can see in your photos, you have a GPU cooler, Reservoir, CPU cooler, fans and also some cables with aRGB LED´s. So it is highly that you have to many LED´s connected.

gl2020

Thanks for the response. When I took that photo the only things connected to the ARGB Header were the Eisblock XPX and the Eisball Reservoir daisy chained. The other components do not connect to or use the motherboard ARGB connectors.

I have since tested with only the Eisblock XPX on both motherboard ARGB connectors and the problem is the same.
The Eisball and the Eisbaer Aurora both work properly on the motherboard ARGB connectors.

If there are no other ideas, I do not see any other option except to try to refund/replace the Eisblock XPX.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

as I have toild you I don´t see any problems with the water block, since the LEDs are working. Therefore you can´t RMA it. Why your motherboard Controller doesn´t work with it, I can´t say, but when it is working with a different external controller is everything okay with the LED Strip. Would they be defective, even the external controller won´t work.