Alphacool Eiswolf 2 AIO - 360mm RTX 3080/3090 Gaming / Eagle with backplate compatability with mp5works Active backplate

DarkBytes

Hi , Am considering the Eiswolf 2 AIO for my gaming OC RTX 3090, but am concerned about back plate temps, this product from MP5works (https://www.mp5works.com/) , seems like a good solution , but am wondering about compatibility, specifically if it is possible to use the clips to attach it to the aio backplate i.e is there any gap / edge to attach the clips, you can see what i mean from the video here

Also what fittngs would i need to connect in to existing loop (would serial or parallel be best ?, sorry I'm a bit of a noob)

Last edited:

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
We never checked this because we are working on own backplate coolers with a direct touch to the VRams on the backplate and not only a cooler you put on the backplate.

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
what do you mean? Why should the AIO be compatible with the existing cooler?

wheelbeer

sorry, i was asking about active backplate you are working on. If they will be compatible with existing waterblock (like Aurora Acryl GPX-N RTX)

Thomas_S

Staff member
Yes, all active backplates to be released will be compatible with the corresponding GPX cooler.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
We will start shipping them in the next few weeks. They are done, but delivery times are horrible right now and our customs are also very slow and we have to prepare the launch. We try to release them this year, but maybe january, not really sure.

Xeph3r

We will start shipping them in the next few weeks. They are done, but delivery times are horrible right now and our customs are also very slow and we have to prepare the launch. We try to release them this year, but maybe january, not really sure.
Yesssss! I was looking to replace my whole Alphacool RTX 3090 Gaming Eagle waterblock because I need backplate cooling. Cant wait for these!

Masamoto

XD can we get a render or something to get us over the waiting time?
I am checking the website for updates almost every day.

Thomas_S

Staff member
XD can we get a render or something to get us over the waiting time?
I am checking the website for updates almost every day.
You don't have to wait much longer! In all expectation, it will happen at the beginning of February! :D