Alphacool Eiswolf 2 AIO - 360mm RX 7900XTX/XT Taichi - Phantom with Backplate - high hotspot temps

IcyStorm

Hi all,

I have a ASRock Taichi 7900 XTX OC and i would like to see if anyone resolved the issue with the -

1/ high delta between gpu temp and hotspot, in my case its 30C ~.
2/ On CP 4k ULTRA RT - i get up to 105C hot spot, and i am not happy with it...

Questions for the tech support:

1. In the manual its not clear if i should apply (overlap) the below pads (marked) In my box i am missing 2 of those, that's in case i have to do exactly what is shown in your official manual...

1695914589013.png

2. what should be the thickness of the paste over the GPU? Its not stated...? Should i use pads?
3. What should be the Nm torgue for the screws ?!
4. You manual looks wrong... for another product, probably stand alone plate, not the AIO i purchased?

Any advice's if i switch to Honeywell ptm7950 or minus pad extreme from Greezly...?

i know about the thread for XFX, but its for 7900XT and not only for the AIO part i use - Eiswolf 2 AIO - 360mm, but also for the custom cooling solutions, so i dont want to mix them, as i am not sure they are the same plates.

Attachments

• 1695914223139.png
    1695914223139.png
    151.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

as we have wrote already in another post, we recommend to mount the water block as shown in the manual and tighten the screws handtight. THis should be around 0,8nm if you have a torgue screw driver. Make also sure that the PCB is straight when mounting. Otherwise you have to arrange the torgue, that the PCB will be straight. Unfortunately AMD and their Boardpartners have the problem that sometimes the PCB are bend. THis can cause that a part of the GPU DIE don´t have contact with the cooler, which rise the Hotspot temperature.