Alphacool Eiswolf 2 AIO with Eisblock Aurora GPX-N Acryl Active Backplate

tekemk

Hello!

I purchased the Alphacool Eiswolf 2 AIO - 360mm RTX 3080/3090 Ventus with backplate with Alphacool Eisblock Aurora GPX-N Acryl Active Backplate 3090/3080 Ventus to cool my RTX 3080.
Installation of the AIO was easy and I encountered no issues. It does a nice job and I'm very happy with it.

I got the Eisblock Aurora GPX-N Acryl Active Backplate because I read that variant 1 connection is compatible with Alphacool Eiswolf 2 AIO, but it's unclear of how I should go about the installation, if I were to install it in the same loop.

So I need to get the same type of tubing, 2 x G1/4' to 12.7/7.6 fitting for inlet/outlet of the backplate, 2 x quick release fittings compatible with the ones that Alphacool Eiswolf 2 AIO uses and the same type of liquid. Then I need to make the connection with the tubing and the fittings and prefill the backplate with the liquid, then bleed it and finally connect it to the AIO loop through the quick release fittings.

Is this correct and if so, can you propose a list of the items that I need so I can have matching tubing/fittings and liquid?

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

the easiest way to connect it and safing some money are our Extension Kits and some distilled water to refill the system.

Alternativ you can also purchase the parts from the extension Kit separately.
2x TPV compatible fittings.
Tube:
https://www.alphacool.com/shop/schl...2-7/7-6-black-matte-3-3m-10ft-retailbox-330cm
1x Quickconnection.

tekemk

Thanks for the reply!
Is there a premixed solution that matches the premix that already is in the Alphacool Eiswolf 2 AIO - 360mm RTX 3080/3090 Ventus with backplate.
I thought that I could use Alphacool Tec Protect 2 Clear 1000ml but from the description it shows it's a different premix.
Can I use this regardless?
Or should I use just distilled water say, Alphacool Ultra Pure Water 1000ml?

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

if you only want to top, you can simply use distilled water. If you use the Tec Protect 2 I personally am recommending to replace the whole liquid, since it can happen that the two different liquids are reacting with each other.

lnghxn

HI,

if you only want to top, you can simply use distilled water. If you use the Tec Protect 2 I personally am recommending to replace the whole liquid, since it can happen that the two different liquids are reacting with each other.
Hi, I have the Eiswolf 2 for 3090 Founders Edition and also planning on adding the active backplate using the extension kit. Can you kindly elaborate how to refill distilled water to the system? Thank you.