Alphacool Eiswolf 2 RX 7900 ASRock PG

Xxshark888xX

Hi, I've installed this AiO with an Alphacool prefilled 280mm (30mm thick) radiator, and I see two "issues".

1) How can I change the color of the RADEON RX logo? It is always red, I can only change the block leds (14 leds).

2) I notice that there are some bubbles inside the block, the radiator is the highest part of the AiO so why is this happening? It can damage the pump?

Also, I had to bend with a little bit of force the tubes which go from the radiator to the pump as I've installed this into a Lian Li O11 Air Mini case with a CPU AiO as well, thus I'm kinda low on space.

[edit] Why the leds have a blue tint when set to white?

IMG-20230501-190711.jpg

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
1) How can I change the color of the RADEON RX logo? It is always red, I can only change the block leds (14 leds).
You can`t, it is always red for AMD blocks and green for Nvidia blocks.
2) I notice that there are some bubbles inside the block, the radiator is the highest part of the AiO so why is this happening? It can damage the pump?
Where are the air bubbles exactly? I can't see it in the picture, unfortunately. But in general, small air bubbles are not a problem. Over time, they disappear and migrate to the radiator. Sometimes you have to shake a little. This does not harm the pump. If an air bubble gets caught in the pump, you can hear it very clearly. Then you have to shake a little or turn the pump off and on again a few times. It also helps sometimes to disconnect the hoses briefly. So to press together with your fingers and let go again.

Why the leds have a blue tint when set to white?
ARGB LEDs cannot display absolutely pure white. There are WRGB LEDs that can show a pure white, but these are again only normal RGB LEDs that can only show the same color. So it is not possible to display color games with these. All LEDs always show the same color. In addition, such LEDs usually have a very cold light, which always looks a bit bluish.

Xxshark888xX

You can`t, it is always red for AMD blocks and green for Nvidia blocks.

Where are the air bubbles exactly? I can't see it in the picture, unfortunately. But in general, small air bubbles are not a problem. Over time, they disappear and migrate to the radiator. Sometimes you have to shake a little. This does not harm the pump. If an air bubble gets caught in the pump, you can hear it very clearly. Then you have to shake a little or turn the pump off and on again a few times. It also helps sometimes to disconnect the hoses briefly. So to press together with your fingers and let go again.

ARGB LEDs cannot display absolutely pure white. There are WRGB LEDs that can show a pure white, but these are again only normal RGB LEDs that can only show the same color. So it is not possible to display color games with these. All LEDs always show the same color. In addition, such LEDs usually have a very cold light, which always looks a bit bluish.

Here you can better see the bubbles

IMG20230504172131.jpg

IMG20230504172147.jpg

Regarding the AMD and Nvidia logo being able to display only red/green unfortunately is not a good idea, I would've loved to change the color from red to something else.

Regarding the tubes, do you think is bad if they are bent like this?

IMG20230504172737.jpg

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Those tiny bubbles don't bother you, you can ignore that. They will disappear in the next few weeks during operation.

The hose is already very tight and the bend is already quite hard. I don't think that's good. If this were a DIY with normal hoses and connections, I would definitely change that.

Xxshark888xX

Those tiny bubbles don't bother you, you can ignore that. They will disappear in the next few weeks during operation.

The hose is already very tight and the bend is already quite hard. I don't think that's good. If this were a DIY with normal hoses and connections, I would definitely change that.
I don't know what to say about those air bubbles as I've already been running the system for a few weeks and to me it seems that more and more are appearing.

Please see this video I've made. You can clearly notice how the bubble seem to forms where the pump is located.

I've also noticed that the quick release hose are not releasing only 1-2 drops of liquid, it drops much more liquid than what specified into the manual.

Regarding the bending, I've tried my best to adjust that, but unfortunately the case (Lian Li O11 Air Mini) is quite "mini" thus I can't do any better without a custom loop (which I've never done)