alphacool eiswolf 240 gpx pro heat issue - 2080 ti

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
As you describe your situation it sounds to me you still have a lot of air in the system. If you want you can send us the system to check out what the problem is. Alternatively we can send you a reservoir which you can install and refil (it is much easier this way) the unit. What wonders me is that you do not have the fillport on the radiator. Can you please send us some photos of the radiator?

Lowrater

As you describe your situation it sounds to me you still have a lot of air in the system. If you want you can send us the system to check out what the problem is. Alternatively we can send you a reservoir which you can install and refil (it is much easier this way) the unit. What wonders me is that you do not have the fillport on the radiator. Can you please send us some photos of the radiator?

Well, then i can't use my system unless i re-use the FE cooler again. I've already bought extra paste to get this working so far. I've also ordered some water from you guys now. I can send it back if you think the reservoir would not solve the matter.

How should i then install the reservoir in the existing loop? The OUT goes to the reservoir and then to OUT on raditor? Also, would i need to buy something more to get that setup working? Just so i don't order one thing and missing some others and need to wait longer. :)

A video about the radiotor: Radiator check

And as written, due to no access to re-fill it, the only way i could add some water was to unmount the existing tubes on the radiator itself. I can't figure out where else you should do it. It's also worth mentioning that i only filled the left side. Should i also fill the right side, or does it not matter due i need to 'shake' the radiator / reverse it to get it flowing.

If you are interested into the order my friend made on the product, it's: 30109550.

radiator_hole_access.JPG

Last edited:

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hi, as far i saw you are from denmark right? Shipping is not expensive to Germany. I would say send us the unit back so we can verfiy it and let you know what the problem is. We can also replace the radiator with one of those where you have the fill port you know. What do you think? Is this solution okay for you?

Lowrater

Hi, as far i saw you are from denmark right? Shipping is not expensive to Germany. I would say send us the unit back so we can verfiy it and let you know what the problem is. We can also replace the radiator with one of those where you have the fill port you know. What do you think? Is this solution okay for you?

Hmm. It depends. Is it the whole unit? I mean pump, + backplate + radiator, or only the radiator? Replacing the raditor would be the most easy thing to do without uninstall everything and then install the old FE cooler on again, to uninstall the FE cooler to mount the alphacool on again.

Would it be possible to get the new radiator, and then send the one i have so i at least can spare the time. I will of course pay the radiator shipment to germany. :)

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
You are very welcome dude :) , i have already talked with my colleague and i assume he had responded your email right?

Anyway i hope with this solution we will be able to solve this issue.

Lowrater

You are very welcome dude :) , i have already talked with my colleague and i assume he had responded your email right?

Anyway i hope with this solution we will be able to solve this issue.

Indeed he has. Thanks! :)

Yeah mee too. Else i guess last case scenario is just to purchase a whole new set for my 2080 ti. As always i will update you when the new radiator arrives and installed.

Have a great day!

Lowrater

Thanl you for the information i will wait for your update :)

I have just received the water from you guys as we talked about it. Just so i'm 100% sure not to do anything wrong in the progress. The shipment was very quick. I have to admit, you guys have the best service i have experienced. I made sure to also write a good review on trustpilot.

Udklip.JPG

Also, i have one question. Could it be possible, that the FE card i have, is getting too hot for a 240mm radiator? Or is it because the current one i have might not be 100% full due to suspect of air or other complications, so the max water level is too low and heats quicker up? My case do can support a 280mm rad, so i was wondering if a larger one with larger fans could be the next step if the new one doesn't resolve it.

Last edited:

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Well 280 mm means more radiator surface and more performace but let us try first with the 240 mm one. I think it is enough for your needs,.

Lowrater

Well 280 mm means more radiator surface and more performace but let us try first with the 240 mm one. I think it is enough for your needs,.

Here is the new radiator and the new water used bought from your website. The radiator was empty, and the bottle was full. I've connected the tubes to the rad, so the system was connected. I'll then opened the fillport shown in the video, and filled the radiator. I've shaked it after filling, to wait for the air to go away. I've did this 5-7 times to be sure.

water_used.JPG

Test 1) - 10 minute benchmark
Heavy engine benchmark on extreme, with 55% fan speed, the temperature went max to 65. This is a big difference compared to before with 100% fan speed to 71-74c.
Radiator temp results.JPG

Test 2) - 10 minute benchmark
I've shutted down the pc, and right away heard a large 'splash' sound from the radiator. Like some water felt down, or was stuck somehow? I've opened the fillport to check, and the water was at maximum level (almost coming out). I've shaked it a bit as shown in the video, and filled some more. Then i connected it to the machine again, and ran a new test.

This time i hit 74c. I've seen the temperature dropping 6c depending on the scene shortly from 74c to 65c, and back to 72c.

test_result_2.JPG

Test 3) Same state as test 2, but then turned fan speed to 100%. Max tempt was 68c
test_result_3.JPG

Conclusion. I might think there is air in the system, and the reason test 1 was better than 2, is because the water was cold to begin with. Also, the radiator is really hot.

I've also managed to film the old radiator inside of it after emptying it : Radiator inside record

Attachments

• test_result_2.JPG
    test_result_2.JPG
    179.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
I assume everything is fine now right? How hot does the radiator become? Thank you for informing us with the new radiator and the results :)

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Well at this point the only thing is the air circulation in the case. it seems like it is not good enough. I am out of any other suggestion dude :(

Lowrater

Well at this point the only thing is the air circulation in the case. it seems like it is not good enough. I am out of any other suggestion dude :(

it seems that you are right. I choose to flip my top radiator backwards, removed the bottom intake fan and mounted it on the radiator.

7FD11A75-A8A6-49A3-A121-936EC26AA3AC.jpeg

Test 1)
now I get max 63-68c on 55% fan speed. So two fans aren’t enough for the radiator when talking 2080 ti.

test 2)
i took the card out of the pc, and checked everything again. This time some of the screws on the backplate was a bit loose? How is this possible? I thightened it even harder without damaging the card, and pured all the water out from the radiator. I reversed my case and holded the radiator at the highest point while standing on a chair, and filled the radiator. This resultet that the tubes was in a straight line to hold more water inside. Then i shaked, and filled more. I hear very very little that the water splashes around when reversing the radiator this time than before.

I also mounted a 4'd fan on the radiator, and with 55% fan speed, i now only get 54c max temperature on full load. I can imagine the extra thighting on the gpu helped alot and also the filling method. I just don't understand why the screws got so loose, that would make big changes regarding gpu contact! Would new screws help?

The result:

reulst_4.JPG

Last edited:

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Well first of all i am glad to hear theat the temperatures are okay now. Why the screws where not so thigt? I do not know dude how this can be possible. In my opinion if everything works fine there is no need to change the screws or dismount the block again but if you want we can send you some new screws so you can replace them. Up to you mate :)

Lowrater

Well first of all i am glad to hear theat the temperatures are okay now. Why the screws where not so thigt? I do not know dude how this can be possible. In my opinion if everything works fine there is no need to change the screws or dismount the block again but if you want we can send you some new screws so you can replace them. Up to you mate :)

I think we can wait with new screws. However, if i see temps are rising and the screws got loose again, is it possible for me to purchase them from the store? I actually tried looking for them in the weekend without luck. :)