Alphacool Eiswolf 240 GPX Pro: Position in Chassis

genosypheus

Alphacool_AIO_mod.jpg

My PC as photo above:

CPU: Intel i7-8700K 3.7 GHz (no overclock)

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12A

GPU: ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Triple Fan 1605 MHz (no overclock)

GPU Cooler: default heatsink with triple fan

i wish to swap out my GPU cooler for the Alphacool AIO Water cooler, Alphacool Eiswolf 240 GPX Pro https://www.alphacool.com/shop/new-...pro-rtx-2080/2080ti-2070/2080-super-black-m02 , which has a 240mm Radiator. I will add 4 Noctua Fans 120mm in Push Pull manner. The exact orientation and position i wish to position this radiator is as per photo above.

So eventually, there will be one 120mm Fan sucking cold air in, on the front top position. And on the Front bottom, the 240mm radiator with two 120mm fans sucking hot air from radiator into the chassis.

i imagine that the hot air from radiator will mix with the cold air from the top fan, forming an overall warm air in the chassis. This warm air will then be sucked in by the Noctua CPU cooler Push fan and then out via the Pull fan closer to rear of chassis.

Question:

- Will this setup result in my CPU to be hotter than what it is now? Currently it is running at around 50 degrees Celsius in a game of COD MW at resolution 3440x1440 and 100 FPS (max refresh rate 100 hz).

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hi There, before we start the discussion have you compared the PCB number of your graphics card with the one from the AIO? The number starts with ZT-TXXXXXX-XXX

Will this setup result in my CPU to be hotter than what it is now?
Are you going to cool the CPU and the graphics card by using only a 240 mm radiator??

genosypheus

Hi There, before we start the discussion have you compared the PCB number of your graphics card with the one from the AIO? The number starts with ZT-TXXXXXX-XXX

Are you going to cool the CPU and the graphics card by using only a 240 mm radiator??

my PCB number is ZT-T20810F-10P

i will retain my Noctua air cooler on the CPU, the Eiswold 240mm radiator is for GPU only

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
I dont think that the system will effect the temperature of the CPU too much. The GPU in your system is an heat source too which will disappear after instaling the cooling system. To be honest it is not easy to answer the question as it depends on many issues. You need to check it out by your self.
The block would fit your GPU and the article number 11684 is correct.