Alphacool Eiswolf 240 GPX Pro RTX 2080/2080Ti Pump died

Anthares

Hello, today i woke up and the temps on my GPU are very high, arround 55º idle just using one monitor, if the second monitor is connected, temperatures rise up to thermal throttle, i have checked and the radiator is not hot at all like it used to be.

I have been using this AIO for a year aproximately and it worked very good until today, temps arround 35º at idle.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Did you checked if the pump is running? You can read out the RPM... must be around 2600rpm

Anthares

Did you checked if the pump is running? You can read out the RPM... must be around 2600rpm
Hi Eddy,

I notice that when i start the PC there is no sound of the water running like it used to be, i just checked the BIOS and the RPM are very weird, jumping from 0 to 1100rpm and back, idk how accurate this is.

The only answer i find to why the radiator is cold and the GPU is so hot is that the pump is not running.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
So your mainboard shows that the pump is running with 1100 rpm. If the display is correct, it rather shows that the connection is controlled by the mainboard. Please set the connection to max power or 100% if this is not the case.

If the connection is not regulated (unfortunately I cannot see this in the picture) and is set to full power, please contact our support: info@alphacool.com

Anthares

Sorry Eddy but i don't understand you, in the my last post i uploaded a video to youtube, is not a picture, in it you can see that the pump is jumping from 0 to 1100rpm all the time, is not stable at all, and its already set to 100%.

Already sent an email, i hope i can get this fixed ASAP because this is my work computer where i have all my documents.

Anthares

No problem, but like i said i don't know how accurate that can be, i don't hear any water running like i used to.

Just for information, how long can it take for the RMA? i live in Spain.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
The water will not move with only 1100rpm. You need 1900rpm or more. I am not really sure, i am Marketing not support ;-)

Anneve

Would be nice to see a pic of the fitted unit. I would be looking at the 3-4 pin connectors.
I would be wondering about their Bios settings, though if the pump power lead is a 3 pin to a pump or fan connector the instruction video seems to say Bios at 100%. Reading the posts, Ice is saying that, the Bios needing to be set at 100%, Anthares saying that Bios is set to that by way of a Windows OS utility.
The conclusion appears to be that the pump is likely to be faulty, next stop the support team.
The sound of water running, that part rings alarm bells for me. I only hear that with my Extreme 280 if there is air getting cleared out of the tubes after some reconnects, with me water silence is normal. In my system I would be checking for water levels and airlocks. Anthares system has been running okay for a year, in some systems that could mean time for a water top up?

Last edited:

Anthares

The sound of water running was just when i started the computer, after a couple of seconds there was no more sound, probably an air bubble moving when the system was off.

I have read some people with similar issues and alphacool offered to send a new pump and thermal pads to change for the faulty one, is there any video i can see how this is done? i could do that if that is not very complicated.

Anneve

With me the cure, first priority at least, was not in getting new hardware but in moving air locks to where they can be removed via the fill port.

Last edited:

Anthares

A quick update:

I got the new unit from alphacool and its running even better than before, i think the issue was that the old unit wans't really full of liquid and the pump died because of that.

Just for information, i don't know if you will keep selling this specific version of the eiswolf for the 2080ti, so, in case that i have the same problem in the future (very far future i hope :) ) is it possible to buy the pump separately? if so, wich model is?
pump.PNG

Thank you very much. regards.

Attachments

• pump.PNG
    pump.PNG
    177.8 KB · Views: 1

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
The following pump is installed here:

There is a HowTo video on Youtube that shows you how to replace the pump.

This is not a general problem with this Eiswolf, which will no longer be available. The Eiswolf 2 has been on the market for some time as its follow-up.

dsawchak

The following pump is installed here:

There is a HowTo video on Youtube that shows you how to replace the pump.

This is not a general problem with this Eiswolf, which will no longer be available. The Eiswolf 2 has been on the market for some time as its follow-up.
I looked for the YouTube video but could not find it. Can you post a link? Thank you!