Alphacool Eiszapfen temperature sensor connected to MB showing incorrect temperature

Adelpha

Hi,

I recently put together my second custom watercooling system(last one was 18 years ago so quite abit has changed).

I included the Alphacool Eiszapfen temperature sensor(Article no.: 17363) in my loop to be able to keep an eye on the water temperature and also to adjust all the fans to the sensors readings.
The sensor seems to be showing an incorrect temperature when connected to my motherboard(Z590 AORUS MASTER). Sensor idle temperature reading is 4C with 27 on the GPU(RTX 3080), 30 on the CPU(10700K) and 28 room temperature(hot summer in Sweden). Load readings are around 15C with 52 on GPU and 60 on the CPU. I have two 2-pin temp sensor connectors on my motherboard and I've tried both of them with the same result.

Anyone have an idea what's wrong?

Adelpha

Hi,

really seems that the sensor has a defect. Please start an RMA or write us an email: info@alphacool.com
Thats nothing you can fix by yourselfe.
When trying to start an RMA I was reffered to this link and told to check my software.

Since the sensor is connected to my motherboard my software is the BIOS and I can not make any adjustments to the sensor settings in the BIOS.

From what I understand this is a 10kOhm sensor. There are two sensors included with my motherboard and on the connectors to these I can read the text in the picture below. It says k8k which then means that I need a 8kOhm sensor?

tempsensor.jpg

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
10kOhm is a typical sensor, used by every water cooling brand i know. Never heard about a 8kOhm sensor and i dont think K8K means that. No idea, sorry. Maybe as your mainboard manufacturer?