Alphacool Reservoir and Pump + Mayhems Fluids

Xeph3r

Hi all,

So I was looking into purchasing an eisbecher Aurora 250mm and a Alphacool VPP655 PWM Pump (as well as Alphacool rads and a Alphacool cpu block).

The fluid I was aiming to use is This Mayhems XTR white because Mayhems has been in the game for very long and this looks to be their latest and greatest. However I've heard Alphacool doesn't recommend using Mayhems with it's products, but I wanted to check what the consensus is for this particular liquid.

As well, if there are any recommended alternatives that have a similar color, let me know!

Thanks,
Xeph3r

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
We generally advise against such liquids, as the particles they contain can clog or even damage components of your water cooling system, such as the cooler. The use of these fluids is very maintenance-intensive. If you want to use coolant in paint, it should be as clear as possible. But even then, there is still a risk that your water cooling system can become clogged due to possible particles. We always recommend the use of clear coolant.

Xeph3r

We generally advise against such liquids, as the particles they contain can clog or even damage components of your water cooling system, such as the cooler. The use of these fluids is very maintenance-intensive. If you want to use coolant in paint, it should be as clear as possible. But even then, there is still a risk that your water cooling system can become clogged due to possible particles. We always recommend the use of clear coolant.
In theory though because of the 4nm nature of this coolant it shouldn't really clog, Mayhems gives it 1-2 years before cleaning out is necessary. I'd say the biggest risk of it is staining components more than anything. I still really want to go with it, unless you can point to some very concrete certainties of why not to.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Pastel paints contain paint particles and additives that can gum up pumps, clog coolers, and in the long run abrade the ceramic bearings of DDC and D5 pumps, damaging or destroying them.
We have whole boxes in the basement with destroyed pumps by pastel colors. No matter what type of pump. If the circuit stands for a long time, for example, on vacation, the particles are deposited. Then the coolers become clogged. We have many customers who suddenly have no cooling capacity because all the fins are clogged.

These are beautiful liquids that look very good, but for continuous use, they are unusable.