Alphacool VPP Apex Pump vs Eispumpe VPP755 - Single Edition V.3

IcyStorm

How to choose between the Alphacool VPP Apex Pump and Eispumpe VPP755 - Single Edition V.3

I am not able to make a clear difference between them... any help will be appreatiated. I am looking for reliability and quiet operation.

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Compared in terms of performance data, the pumps are the same. The main difference is that the Apex VPP is powered via a SATA connection. The Eispumpe VPP755 is powered via the Molex connector.

IcyStorm

Ok so, according to the description of the both the first one holds up to 60C and the second one is 65C (on the site description)

Also according to the above, the Apex one is more reliable and newer model -
"Alphacool's Apex VPP doesn't use a spherical bearing and relies on a ceramic axle. The motor's coils have been moved from the inside to the outside. These changes have the effect that the pump is fundamentally more stable and smoother running, and any vibrations that arise have been significantly reduced."

So everyone (on internet) is suggestive that Molex pumps are better. But the Apex is SATA...i am confused here.

Which one to choose ? = I would like to have as realible as possible pump that is also quiet! (and to freeze the water but that is for another post... : D )

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Ok so, according to the description of the both the first one holds up to 60C and the second one is 65C (on the site description)
Basically correct, but not the game changer in a PC water cooling system! Most of our water cooling elements have a temperature restriction of =/< 60°C. If your water temperature exceeds this, you have a general problem. And in a normal cooling system you should not even come close to this value.
So everyone (on internet) is suggestive that Molex pumps are better. But the Apex is SATA...i am confused here.
Why are you confused!? Yes, the APEX pump is the newer version. It is based on the VPP755, but that does not mean that a newer version is always better. Both pumps have the same performance data and can be controlled via PWM. The market asked for a SATA-operated pump and we complied with their request.
Which one to choose ? = I would like to have as realible as possible pump that is also quiet! (and to freeze the water but that is for another post... : D )
Both pumps fulfil these aspects. Quiet & powerful. The rest is up to you ;-)