Anything to hold my Alphacool Eisstation in place 2,5" SSD bay, L-Corner

• Thread starter Deleted member 4043
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4043

Hello guys,

I am new here and starting my first watercooling project inside the TU150. I bought the Alphacool Eisstation with DDC pump included. I want to place it like here:

The guy who built it suggested the EK-Uni Holder 50/70. However I can't find it anywhere. Is there an alternative I could use from a hardware store or something?

In the picture here you can see the 2,5" installation. I hope someone can help me out. Thanks in advance.

Lian-Li-TU150-11.jpg

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
The Eisstation comes with a velcro mat that can be glued on. It sticks so well that you can stick one side on the 2.5" holder and the other side on the underside of the Eisstation. Then you can just press it on and the whole thing is ready. It holds wonderfully.

D

Deleted member 4043

Thanks Eddy. I wanted to place the pump right up however like in the link I showed. Also when I screwd in the backplate it is really loose and you can't tighten it at all. And one of the decoupling screws was broken off. You can't even get them out. Really frustrating experience for my first alphacool product. The package says "quality approved" and this what you get?
20201210_170754.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Doesnt matter where and what you buy, you can always have a defect on a product. But, never saw that sombody got defect decoupelings, thats new for me. And to be honest, i used the Eisstation a lot of times and never had a loose backplate. Anyway, i have no idea how the Eisstation was mounted in this case like in the link showed. Ther is no L-Connector or other parts from our side you can use for a mounting like that in this case, sorry. But i dont see that he is using any mounting bracket if you zoom into the picture. It looks lke he is using the velcro mat on the backside. Because on the backside of the Eisstation are no possibilitys for screws and like i said... there is no L-bracket or something like that wich i can see.

D

Deleted member 4043

Hey Eddy. I don't know. The pump and Eisstation came assembled already. I just screwed in those decoupling screws like in the manual. But when you screw in the backplate you can't get the M4 screws to fully go into the groove because the decoupling screws keep turning with it. I don't see another way to do it.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Ah... now i got you. Ok, thats terrible if the decouplings are moving with the M4 screws. Seems like you are a really unluky man with this Eisstation. Where are you from and where did you buy the Eisstation?

D

Deleted member 4043

Seems like you are a really unluky man with this Eisstation
Haha yeah seems like it.
I am from Germany and bought it from Aquatuning. I already contacted the seller and I am waiting for a response.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
If you dont get an answere until monday from Aquatuning, write us an email. But... if you are from german... why you dont write in german? I mean... we are a german company, sitting in Braunschweig. ;)

D

Deleted member 4043

Hey Eddy. Danke für den Support. Ich melde mich, sofern Aquatuning keine Antwort gibt.
Die Posts die ich gesehen hatte, waren auf englisch. Daher dachte ich, das wäre die Standardsprache hier im Forum. So ists natürlich einfacher :)

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Wir haben im Forum einen deutschen und einen englischen Bereich ;-) Man kann in beiden Sprachen schreiben. Aber ja, du bist hier grade im ENG Bereich des Forums. Daher wirst du wohl alles auf ENG gesehen haben.

Tived

Hi Monitorhero,

have you tried adding some spaces, maybe your screws are too long?!

sorry, my german isn't great so no idea what you wrote in the end! ;-)

danke

Henrik
A Dane Down Under

you may need to add some more photos to illustrate
Hey Eddy. I don't know. The pump and Eisstation came assembled already. I just screwed in those decoupling screws like in the manual. But when you screw in the backplate you can't get the M4 screws to fully go into the groove because the decoupling screws keep turning with it. I don't see another way to do it.

D

Deleted member 4043

Hi Monitorhero,

have you tried adding some spaces, maybe your screws are too long?!

sorry, my german isn't great so no idea what you wrote in the end! ;-)

danke

Henrik
A Dane Down Under

you may need to add some more photos to illustrate

Hey Tived. I don't really know what you mean there. I have two issues.
1. Placing the pump in the LianLi TU150 like in the picture I posted. For that I need an EK Uni Holder which I ordered so the pump stands upright as seen here:

2. One of the decoupling screws broke off clean in the middle and the alu plate couldn't be screwed in without wobbling.

But I am waiting for a response from the shop where I bought it. If not I will contact Alphacool on monday like Eddy suggested.

Thanks for your help anyway :)

Tived

Hi Monitorheor,

did you sort it out>

Its hard to work out how and what you are doing with just one image. I thought your screws couldn't reach or were too long, hence the spacer.

I do hope you work it out, all the best from Down under

h

D

Deleted member 4043

Thanks Tived.

Kurze Rückmeldung. Ich habe das Teil heute zu Aquatuning gebracht und es soll jetzt bei euch reklamiert werden. Habt ihr noch die Eisstation mit DDC310 Laing Pumpen Kombo vorrätig? Ich warte leider schon 2 Wochen um den PC endlich aufzubauen, weil immer irgendwelche Teile nicht verfügbar waren. Hoffe die Abwicklung klappt relativ schnell von Aquatuning.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Tut mir leid, aber die ist nicht mehr vorrätig. Und da wird auch so schnell nichts rein kommen. Dieses Jahr sicherlich nicht mehr.

D

Deleted member 4043

Oh das ist echt ärgerlich. Gibt es denn ne Alternative zu der Eisstation, die in den Slot passen könnte?

Oder ich kaufe hier nur den Ausgleichsbehälter und die Pumpe übernehme ich von meiner kaputten Eisstation?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Die Pumpe kannst du natürlich übernehmen und auch generell mit jedem anderen Ausgleichsbehälter mit einer Aufnahme für DDC Pumpen verwenden. Also wenn Caseking die noch auf Lager hat, zuschlagen. Ich fürchte wir werden keine mehr vor Ende Februar 2021 mehr rein bekommen.

D

Deleted member 4043

Danke für die Info Eddy. Dann mache ich es über den Umweg und Aquatuning sendet mir die Pumpe separat zurück.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Ich weiß nicht ob das Aquatuning so abbilden kann, da es eigentlich ein Artikel ist wenn du es als Set gekauft hast. Aber das musst du mit denen abklären.

D

Deleted member 4043

Nochmal eine Frage. Ich habe jetzt meine neue Eisstation bekommen. Ein paar Fragen. Erstmal kam die Eisstation mit dem LED lose an.
Habe ich eh nich vor zu nutzen. Kann ich das also entfernt lassen?
20201223_145140.jpg

Dann habe ich noch eine Pumpe separat gekauft:
20201223_145209.jpg
Und hier die Eisstation mit Zubehör:
20201223_145230.jpg

Beide haben Entkopplungsschrauben dabei. Ist das egal welche ich hier verwende? Außerdem sehen die von der Eisstation irgendwie abgenutzt aus:
20201223_145655.jpg

Gibt es irgendwo eine bessere Videoanleitung von der Installation der Pumpe? Ich habe Sorge, dass die Entkopplungsschrauben wieder schlapp machen. Gibt es irgendeinen Trick sie festzuschrauben, dass sie auch halten? Durch das Gummi lassen sie sich nicht ganz ins Gewinde drehen. Außerdem ist diese Bodenplatte bestimmt wieder wacklig. Ich werde mal ein Video machen, sobald ich das neue Pumpengehäuse bekomme. Denn das Metallische steht über.

Last edited by a moderator: