Asrock 6800xt Taichi Waterblock

jncfessel

Wondering why when there is obviously some interest in it. The Taichi Card is one of the best OC cards on the market. I think you will be losing some potential business.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Whether a cooler is worthwhile for us depends on the sales figures of the card and our capacities. And ASrock has no significant sales figures for graphics cards in Europe and North America. So our main markets. It doesn't matter if a card is the best or fastest card. These are not criteria for us. It has to make sense for us from an economic point of view. And it doesn't make sense here at the moment, sorry.

jncfessel

Apparently I am not the only on looking for one. They made a Merc 319 before the card was available, very interesting.

Padge

Is there going to be a GPU waterblock for the Asrock 6800XT Taichi.

I actually didn't bother waiting, I used the corsair 6800/6900 water block on my asrock. I removed the metal shroud, and shaved the acrylic for the two longer capacitors. Fits fine on the card, nice and tight, although you have to use one side for the tubing, as the PCB covers the other side....

Card runs cool and quiet now.

kassimila

Whether a cooler is worthwhile for us depends on the sales figures of the card and our capacities. And ASrock has no significant sales figures for graphics cards in Europe and North America. So our main markets. It doesn't matter if a card is the best or fastest card. These are not criteria for us. It has to make sense for us from an economic point of view. And it doesn't make sense here at the moment, sorry.

I'm sorry, what? ASrock has been selling tons of cards, they are one of the few vendors on the newegg shuffle constantly. Furthermore, in the land of crypto mining, and GPU shortages, why on earth would you even look at sales figures? Your demographic (People that water cool their PCs) are enthusiast's. Enthusiast's purchase the best graphics card they can get their hands on. Yet you have blocks for the 3060? I'll bet that's a loss leader. Meanwhile you have the ASrock 6800xt/6900xt, both of which use the same PCB, this PCB is basically a reference board with a few minor tweaks, NONE OF WHICH involve the cooling plate. Which means all of the R&D would be getting the plexi to fit properly, which would take you what....a week? So you'd have to sell what, 50 blocks to break even? That's just on the block, which ignores the fact that this is an item the market currently does not have. I bought the rest of my stuff from EK, you had an opportunity to GAIN a customer, a customer that might come back and purchase more stuff. Instead, I guess I'll just take a Dremel to a corsair block and be done with it.

Padge

Haha, so true, well said! So short sighted from Alphacool! lol

There are no blocks for this card, so they could have the entire market! And yes, it is a near reference design, very simple for them to adjust, it would fit all the Asrock cards!

Doesn't matter though, the Corsair block fits and performs very well on the Asrock cards. Just remove the metal shroud (four screws in the very corners), and shave some acrylic to fit the longer caps! Feel free to share these images....

A simple mod, then all but two screws align and will fit the card perfectly. The two that do not align are not important anyway. Route your tubing from the one side that is not obstructed by the PCB......

davido_labido

I'm sorry, what? ASrock has been selling tons of cards, they are one of the few vendors on the newegg shuffle constantly. Furthermore, in the land of crypto mining, and GPU shortages, why on earth would you even look at sales figures? Your demographic (People that water cool their PCs) are enthusiast's. Enthusiast's purchase the best graphics card they can get their hands on. Yet you have blocks for the 3060? I'll bet that's a loss leader. Meanwhile you have the ASrock 6800xt/6900xt, both of which use the same PCB, this PCB is basically a reference board with a few minor tweaks, NONE OF WHICH involve the cooling plate. Which means all of the R&D would be getting the plexi to fit properly, which would take you what....a week? So you'd have to sell what, 50 blocks to break even? That's just on the block, which ignores the fact that this is an item the market currently does not have. I bought the rest of my stuff from EK, you had an opportunity to GAIN a customer, a customer that might come back and purchase more stuff. Instead, I guess I'll just take a Dremel to a corsair block and be done with it.

If only it was that simple. Unfortunately, to make it worthwhile for us to make blocks, we have to make them in batches, we also need to make enough stock to send them to our resellers around the world, as there is no point in making just enough for the few in demand, then keeping them in one country, such as Germany as then shipping to the rest of the world costs a fortune. R&D costs are negligible. It is hitting MOQ, having dead stock and then also stopping making blocks for more popular GPUs whilst we produce ones for a card that isn't selling as well.

kassimila

Ok, so let me make a proposal. I'm going with the assumption that your production lines are no where near capacity due to the GPU shortage right now. What MOQ needs to be hit to make it worthwhile to do a production run, provided the customer pays the 100$ or so shipping Germany to USA? Do a preorder that only executes if that number is hit. Then you don't have any dead stock, the shipping costs are covered, and MOQ is satisfied.

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Good suggestion, but unfortunately not easy to realise. Despite the lack of GPUs, the machines don't stand still. The pre-order issue doesn't work like that, because time is not our friend here. Preorder - production - transport... that would be very counterproductive and would not lead to increased customer satisfaction.

kassimila

Good suggestion, but unfortunately not easy to realise. Despite the lack of GPUs, the machines don't stand still. The pre-order issue doesn't work like that, because time is not our friend here. Preorder - production - transport... that would be very counterproductive and would not lead to increased customer satisfaction.
He says to the currently unsatisfied customers. So what's the MOQ? How many are we talking about?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
We are talking about a few hundred coolers minimum. And yes, ASrock is selling a lot, but the requests for water cooler are close to zero.

davido_labido

the usual issue is that 100 will say they're interested and then 20 will buy. the MOQ would be around 500, so you would need a huge amount to be interested before it would make sense. Glad you found a block for it though! it is horrible having a card and not being able to get a block for it!