Asus RTX 2080 Turbo not detected with Alphacool Eiswolf 240 GPX Pro / order N°30121093

Metfan

Hello,

I have one of the first Asus RTX 2080 Turbo, which has the same design and chip as the Founders Edition.

I've just mounted my new Eiswolf GPX Pro on my graphic card but after booting my GPU was not detected (Windows + Bios).
Pump is attached to "AIO_PUMP" header set to "DC 100%" (Asus Z270i Strix). The 2x 120mm fans are working, the pump logo is blue and the pump seems to work.

Then I tried to install the graphic card in my other system (X99X Fatality Killer) => No post.

After reinstalling the 2080 card with the original cooler everything is working fine.
I've tried 3 different times (the last I let a friend mount the whole system), but everytime the card is not detected in the BIOS.

Could there be a short somewhere on this block ?
Are the stock fan connectors on the Asus 2080 turbo not to be connected with a shunt or something like that ?

I can't understand why the card is, at least, not detected in the Bios.
I must admit I am thinking about sending you the whole system back.
Do you have any idea or solution ?

Best Regards
Olivier

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hi Olivier,

I am sorry to hear that. As far we know Asus 2080 Turbo is a non reference graphics card but the blcok that you have pruchased is for the reference design. . It sounds that the block has somewhere contact with the card.We had in the past smilar problems with diferent manufacturers. They are bringin graphics cards to the market which are based on the reference design. Mostly this cards have a couple different components on it which can cause issues like that. Have you shoot some photos? If yes can you upload here some of them?

Metfan

Hello, I tried one last time, still no card detected in the Bios.
I suppose there is a shortcut somethere to te ground.

Enclosed some pictures

Attachments

• pcb.jpg
    pcb.jpg
    884.1 KB · Views: 7
  • pcb_back.jpg
    pcb_back.jpg
    1,016.3 KB · Views: 7
  • backplate.jpg
    backplate.jpg
    689.5 KB · Views: 7
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    870.2 KB · Views: 7
  • front_without_bracket_screws.jpg
    front_without_bracket_screws.jpg
    472.8 KB · Views: 7
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    492.7 KB · Views: 6
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    472.5 KB · Views: 6

Metfan

The first time I mounted the whole system I didn't noticed that the 2 bracket screws where useless on this model, and that one was pushing on the backplate.
I was thinking that the problem was coming from this, but even whitout it's the same.

Attachments

• front_with_bracket_screws.jpg
    front_with_bracket_screws.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 4

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Thank you for the photos. At first everything looks normal. I need to show this to a colleaugue of mine who is responsible for the graphics cards to get his opinion. The only problem is that he is not in the office today and will be back by Monday. May i ask where you are from? In case of sending the block back to us.

Metfan

Hello, I'm from France, near the German border.

It's not so urgent, but it would be nice if it could work.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Sure but before getting the block back i would ask the oipinion of my colleague first. He might have an idea how to solve this issue without to send the block back. Can you PM me a short masage by Monday please? Thank you and have a great weekend.