average pump life of Alphacool Eisbaer 280

ARGT7

Good afternoon, guys, I'm new to liquid cooling, I live in Ukraine, I ordered this cooling system for myself, now it is sent to me straight from Germany, which I am very happy about) but began to stumble on the Internet to messages that this system often fails with pumps in Since the time for failure is not indicated on the site, I would like to ask if it is worth worrying about this? How long can such a pump work on average? maybe I should order a spare pump now, because in a year it will be difficult for me to find spare parts for this system?, maybe there are more expensive reliable and efficient pumps for this cooling system that I could buy and install?)

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @ARGT7

Unfortunately, I can't show you a study on this, but I can tell you that I have 3 Eisbaer systems at home and they all still run smoothly, so I can't complain. The first is now 3 years old, and the second 2.5 years, the third is an Aurora model (i.e. new). I do maintenance on my systems once a year, i.e. disassemble, clean, and add new water. The eisbaer has a small expansion tank, but the radiator should always be installed above the pump so that possible air is always collected at the highest point and the risk of the pump running dry is reduced to a minimum. That is the greatest danger for a pump and probably also the reason for a defect in most cases.

Best regards