Bad Bubble?

rogunit1

I was preparing for blasting the dust out of my computer and once the glass side was off I noticed some pump noise from my Eisbaer 360. After checking the forums I see others reporting the same thing. I normally don't notice any noise because when it is buttoned up it is pretty quiet. Kind of worried.

Can someone look and listen to see if it is just air in the system or something more serious, please? Is the air bubble bad? Should I try putting more fluid in? I've only had AIO's that were sealed, so I've never needed to deal with any filling or bleeding out air. Rather worried it might be beyond my abilities.

Thanks for your assistance!

Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x2WFBKAS25AY1ki-tcrDpnOcTG9vvXcu/view?usp=sharing

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @rogunit1

If you dismantle your system to clean it, you can hold the radiator below the pump / cooler unit and shake it gently. Then you can see / hear how much air you have in the circuit. It's pretty easy to fill, and you can also use distilled water for this. I'll link you to a video how to do it.

if you have any further questions or need help, just get in touch

Best Regards

rogunit1

I don't really dismantle it, I just blast air through the fans, power supply & radiator to blow out the dust. Arizona is a dusty place! I hold the fans still so I don't zing the bearings.

I watched this guy
get all the air out of his, but I think he said an air bubble in my style of Eisbaer was OK. I had to use translated subtitles, so not sure. It has never been opened so I would imagine the air is OK since it came like that from the factory. Which is why I'm asking here. Is it OK? Too much air? Does the noise sound like air in the pump? Pump bearings going bad? Scary! lol

I really don't want to take it apart if I can avoid it. Does the noise sound like air in it? I mean I will dismantle it if I need to, I've just never done it before. I don't have the required Alphacool fluid or also any parts. I would like to get the fittings that guy had in the video I posted and the tubing as well. Not sure of the sizes he used though.

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hey

I mean if you disassemble your system to clean it, you don't have to disassemble the AIO. It is a lot easier to fill it if it is not built into the housing. And then hold the radiator below the cooler unit as in the video and shake it gently so that the air goes into the expansion tank.
Then you can unscrew the one screw that says "FILL" and fill it up again with water if there is too much air in it.
This also works great with a syringe or a squirt bottle. You never get all the air out, you don't have to, but too much air reduces the cooling capacity and is a risk of pump damage.
You can also use distilled water for filling.
You can hear something about the pump, yes. It can also come from the air. If the pump bearing or the pump itself breaks, it is by far louder and also scratches quite a lot.
The one in the video used a normal G1 / 4 inch connection with a suitable hose and a funnel. You can also use this set, but as already written above, you can also use a syringe. Alphacool Eisbaer - Refill Kit | -- NEUE PRODUKTE -- | Shop | Alphacool - the cooling company

Best Regards

rogunit1

OK, I ordered the refill kit. Could you tell me where to get the fitting he used, that slides over the hose and seals it when tightened? Right here in the video:
Sorry if these are lame noob questions! Your help is very much appreciated!