Best case for Open loop cooling?

Shypax

What is in your opinion the best case for custom watercooling, and whats your least favorite ?

my current build is in the Lian-li pc o11-dynamic white, which with its dual chamber is fantastic to build in , very spacious and cable routing is fantastic , i love the design of the glass front panel and "sidepipe" fans

CRYSIS1982

I'm using a Thermaltake W200. I have four 480mm UT60 and one 240 UT60 alphacool radiators. Two reservoirs and two D5 pumps with room to spare.

BethCross

hard to say if there is a best case but having a good amount of extra space is a bonus

though they seem discontinued now I thought the thermaltake Core x5 and Core x9 would make great builds with a pair of nice long x-flow rads in the top, rez at the front and normal long rad on the side nice neat and simple.

I am using a 600c and I love it because I like my PC to my left, I think its to do with the side of the road I drive so inverted layout is a huge win, its not easy to do a great open loop in it due to a few minor flaws, tight cable management, not much room for a pump and rez, cannot fit a 280 + 360 but a pair of 280 can just fit providing one is 30mm thick, but because the cooling is packed in so tight to the system and great positive pressure airflow it tends to work really well for cooling

Shypax

I'm using a Thermaltake W200. I have four 480mm UT60 and one 240 UT60 alphacool radiators. Two reservoirs and two D5 pumps with room to spare.
absolutely nuts with the 4 rads, i have 2 x 360 with EK vardars on and i though i had alot :D but yeah the lian li also fits alot of cooling, i have room in theory to mount 9 more fans if i really needed it

CRYSIS1982

absolutely nuts with the 4 rads, i have 2 x 360 with EK vardars on and i though i had alot :D but yeah the lian li also fits alot of cooling, i have room in theory to mount 9 more fans if i really needed it

Nice. I am running 18 radiator fans in push, then 8 case fans.

nNer0

I'm in Love with the L1.0 ATX from ParvumSystems. It looks so clean and futuristic. Aaand It has a lot of space for Radiators and reservoirs:sneaky::D

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
I like the InWin 303 (white one). Not so many space for a big water cooling loop, but enough space for 2x 360 mm Rads. And i like that the radiator on the top can be installed on edge so you can look directly on the fans.

That was my privat rig wich we had on Computex 2018.

CRYSIS1982

I like the InWin 303 (white one). Not so many space for a big water cooling loop, but enough space for 2x 360 mm Rads. And i like that the radiator on the top can be installed on edge so you can look directly on the fans.

That was my privat rig wich we had on Computex 2018.

View attachment 36
Nice.
I did something similar with my old Phanteks Entho Promo Ultimate.39

Toohr

I am fine with my dark base from be quiet. Used it inverted and not inverted to see the performance of both things. Vertical GPU mount without watercooling is the worst thing. GPU gets hot as hell.
Now, gpu and cpu are cooled with water and in have 55/65 degree Celsius.

Creative

i like the define s series. they have ample support for beginners.
one 360 rad and and one 480 rad. enugh place to put a pump res combo and with the newer versions you even get a psu shroud and a vertical gpu mouunt

Creative

Define s Rear Distroplate
its till work in progress but it looks nice

Attachments

• Define S back.JPG
    Define S back.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 1

War4peace

I gave up internal radiators when I bought the MoRa 420. Now I am slowly buying parts for my girlfriend's mITX build which I am going to fully watercool using an external Phobya 200mm/85mm radiator with 2x 200mm fans in push/pull. The radiator will sit outside the case with tubes going through the case to the radiator and back.
Case: Raijintek Metis Plus (bought)
CPU: Ryzen 3600 (bought)
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI (not owned yet)
RAM: 2x16 GB DDR4 3000 MHz (bought)
SSD: 500 GB nVME Samsung 970 EVO (bought)
GPU: undecided between a RTX 2060 (which should fit in the case) or a 1660Ti Mini, must pair it with a waterblock and haven't found many options for a mITX waterblock.

All other watercooling options would come from either Aquatuning or Bykski, have not decided yet. If Alphacool would be nice enough to manufacture a GPU waterblock for the card I am going to buy, I will buy everything from them, no doubt.

War4peace

If I choose Bykski I will buy this combo. It's small enough to fit in the case easily.
Or if I go Aquatuning I would get the Eisstation I guess. Not much research done in that area to be honest.
The trick is finding an adapter from Alphacool which allows me to mount the pump combo to a vertical 120mm fan area. The Metis Plus case has one such fan (which I will remove) in the perfect position, however I have not found such an adapter, there is only one for Eheim pumps (this one) however the pumps is rather large and I would prefer not to fill the case with it :)

Creative

i think the eisstation is desined with mounting points for 2,5 Harddrive spacing.. mayxbe you can finde an adapter that way

War4peace

There are multiple options from Raijintek, Phanteks, EKWB, Bykski, but I have not found one from Alphacool. That is what I meant.

Creative

this is a full pump res. and holder "set" the holder isavalibal in 120 and one 140 mm

ony downside/upside is its only comaptibal with a d5 pump and i dont think the Vpp 755 dosent fit in this unfortunetly