Best WC for the money.

Espumador

Hello i have been checking out this new Alphacool 280 extreme that everyone says it is very good......but in reality how good is it compared to other main stream AIOS? and what is the diference in performance compared to Alphacool Eissturm Blizzard Copper 45 3x120mm for exemple or even the bundel with the 60 mm rad 2x140mm? in my country i can get these systems for the same price......but i dont understand much about WC parts........can you guys help me out?? :D i have a EVOLV X case and i whant to OC a 3900x.......and i whant the best performance possible in this price range.

Last edited:

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
The performance between the Eissturm Set and the Eisbaer Extrem is similar. The Eissturm set is a bit better because of the bigger radiator. Both, Eissturm Set and Eisbaer Extrem are using the same cpu cooler.

The main difference between both is, that the EIsbaer Extrem is ready out of the box. And it is easy to expand the Eisbaer Extreme over the quick connect fitting. The Eissturm Set is a real DIY water cooling system. You can built it up like you want.
So, the main question is more... do you want it easy? Eisbear Extrem. You want a typical DIY water cooling system? Eissturm set ;-)

Espumador

ok so, since every option have the same cpu cooler and pump, in terms of performance diference it all comes down to the radiator right?
I have red that multiplying the values of the rad size give us the volume of the rad....so from all the rads available on these kits the 60mm thick one has the greatest volume and therefore the biggest cooling power right? how do I determine wich radiator has the greatest performance? I have decided i will go for one of your DYI kit so i can learn more about this theme......but i dont know wich is better....45 3x120, 45 3x140 or 60 2x140?
Is it 45 3x140 > 60 2x140 > 45 3x120?
One other question.......i notice none of these kits have RGB.....can i get some parts in order to put RGB on the CPU block and maybe the reservoir?
You guys have SO MANY parts i dont know what to look for! :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
@Espumador please check the link below. It is just to give you an idea how different the radiators are performing under different conditions:

Espumador

I guess it is explained than! 60mm 2x140 rad it is! :D thank you very much for your help.

Concerning the RGB lighting........can you give me some pointers on what to get or IF i can get anything in order to put some color on the system? :) i sincerly do NOT know what to buy......this is all really new to me...

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
The block in this kit is black and you can not use the RGB frame with it. For the reservoir we have the Aurora ring in different colors:

Daniel

Administrator
Staff member
The set contains the Eisbecher 150. So this would work:

Espumador

ok so....if i buy this set....only the catode for the 150mm and the ring are the only RGB options for the parts the kit contains?