| BIP | Project Subi | Personal Case | PCFixerLimburg

Subarist

Buildlog | Part 01 | Introduction...
By Subarist

1.1 Name of mod:
"Project Subi"

1.2. Whats the idea?
It has been a looooong time since i made a case mod. The last time I actually started to build one is almost 12 years ago. I remember that didn't turned out as i expected and failed to resume. I only hope that isn't the case in 2020. I'm being honest here as I say that I'm a bit anxious. But I'm going to go for it anyway. The idea is simple. Subaru themed. There isn't any. Trust me I looked for it. I'm going to start off pretty simple (and safe) with my build and a case I'd rather not demolish. Colors going to be blue and carbon black. And I'm still not finished with this idea. Am I going for acrylic tubes, which I ordered anyway? Or am I going for the copper of titanium mesh? First things first, the subaru is known for its horizontal pistons. So im thinking of two Reservoirs mounted horizontal on a 10-degree angle. Lots of thinking has to be done! Maybe you guys can help me out during the build.

For my "Subi project" case mod I will use a Thermaltake Core P5 case as a base. Not sure if I'm going to cut it open or not. Idea is still in progress. The hardware ill be using is based on the render needs and a better and faster working progress when using my photographic software like Adobe. I will edit this part for parts later on. I'm also thinking of using a real car radiator in combination with a second p5 case in a much further stage. Further i want to thank Highflow for their service and kind words.

Taking the mod part for parts
- All parts will be listed here.

*This post will be altered during the progress until the project is |FIN| (finished) and the ideas are finalized.
** I want to ask the mods/admins if its okay if i reserved a few comments slots for future updates. Is this allowed?

Subarist

Buildlog Project Subi | Part 02 | So you want to model..3d modelling loop.jpg
Part two is trying to figure out which bends I'm going to use. Am I going for the simple straight forward bends or are we going for creativity. People like me that have the ADHD package at all times available do like creativity. So I'm planning to go trough holes that aren't meant for tubes to go through. Why would I only use one side of this amazing case? As I said before, I like tubing. And I'm not sure if I keep this model that I'm sketching or going around. Maybe slap a car radiator on the backside. I'm not sure yet. Another idea is using copper wireing for all of the cables. Another idea is using plumming materials to go around the case. As of now I'm still in the creation phase. I'm guessing the big box with a weight of 25 kilos arrive Friday. Before that happens I need to take pictures of my hardware, my build, my happy face and probably a time-lapse while we at it. So i need to hurry the f**k up and get this build started! Did i mentioned im a photographer? Well i am, so you can expect some serious imaging. Perfection needs time. Hope you are up for the challenge!

Subarist

Buildlog Project Subi | Part 03| Switching Gears...
I never thought I'd say this but I have to switch my plans. When the doorbell sounded I walked to the door, bit annoyed who is disturbing me on my coffee break, open the door and who's standing there on the other side? The mailman! WHOO!!!! So more unboxing of the Alphacool products and taking some images of the kind of impressive stuff they developed. I know my last build, as f***ed up as it was, this radiator is twice the size, so is the pump. And those fittings look gorgeous!! So, a few pics, then I'm going to make myself a pizza, and were on, building the P5 case!

IM HAPPY AS A 5 YEAR OLD KID WITH SANTACLAUS! WHOOOO! subi buildlog 1-0281.jpgsubi buildlog 1-0284.jpgsubi buildlog 1-0292.jpgsubi buildlog 1-0296.jpg

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
I want to ask the mods/admins if its okay if i reserved a few comments slots for future updates. Is this allowed?
Sure dude no problems at all :) But i think this thread would be better placed at EK forum then here as all the cooling parts i see are from them :)

Subarist

Forget my last post now we are talking the same language ^^ BTW beautiful photos dude amazing :)
Hahaha. EK? I see so many Alphacool logo's i dream about them! But i think you're talking about my render. I just grabbed a few parts from the cad studio and worked a bend around it. I couldn't purchase Alphacool only, due to budget. But I'm posting my builds everywhere. Especially when the whole liquid cooling is Alpha branded I need to show that stuff off on the right place! This build is going to last for a while. Because i know what i want, but I want it to be special. I had one idea that was sick, but another modder beat me to it. I might still do it. But I'm not sure. Thanks for the heads up on the post slots, ill just do that for later builds if im ever able to make one from scratch. I also send an email to the reseller that im not happy with the way i got them parts. Some boxes were unsealed. Broken and one of them fell since the corner was all smashed...1da04e34-e1cb-49c9-bb06-bcc25a30af5d.jpg

Subarist

Where do you purchase the products from?
i got them from Aquatuning reseller in Germany, iIsend an email explaining that i dont like the way how packages look like since im making a buildlog for you guys and i always save them boxes and show them to the audience. Also told them that this doesnt advertise their company. Ive got no responce so far, while i seek support for buying stuff they were eager to answer...

I guess i have a bad luck streak or something. When i wanted to begin with my thermaltake p5 case some screws were missing and one screw was misfactured. Now i need to contact support of thermaltake to set thing straight.... Sigh...
b9432390-7b4e-4538-ba92-518dfddb5878.jpg

Subarist

Buildlog Project Subi | Part 04 | Its just a case of patience...

As we had a little setback with the case due to incomplete packaging i just went forward because a few missing screws doesn't stop me from continue the path I'm following. The case was straightforward but I had some struggles. It took quite some time to build this thing and told myself that when technology evolves, so are the components. That's not my fault I can't keep up! I also remembered why I like assembling computers. It's a joy working with parts. Looking trough the manuals. Having a blast! The first thing that comes to mind are those RGB wires. I might regret already that I chose got an RGB CPU water block. Yes I want those fancy lights, but with those lights come cables. And I want no cables to be seen. Anyhow, challenge accepted to get those pesky wires out of the way and make sure they work.Personally I really like the way how Alphacool created this block. The combination of plexiglas with nickel plated copper and touch of black really suits my system. I was thinking of getting the black one, but most of the case is black. And the mirror effect will create nice effects later on! Im sure of it.

Oh wel, today im continuing my work, taking pictures, making more timelapses and do some unboxing videos for this build. Don't mind me, having fun like a kid on christmas!

subi buildlog 2-0358.jpgsubi buildlog 2-0405.jpgsubi buildlog 2-0409.jpgsubi buildlog 2-0419.jpgsubi buildlog 2-0427.jpgsubi buildlog 2-0446.jpg

Last edited:

Subarist

@Metropolis34 no, they are shot with my camera. Im a professional photographer. BTW i want to make an official complain against my receller. Also receaved a already used NexXxos with damaged ribs. Im not going to send it back, all the hasstle, forget it! But i want to make an official complaint against above named. Kinda pissed off to be exact. To make matters worse, i ordered the wrong graphicscard and actually noticed it when i opened the GFX card to assemble the waterblock. So i have to hold up untill my funds are back in order. I know what i want to do. Maybe im making this case go away and build something myself out of tubes and make the whole rig with tubing. Ideas, ideas, ideas....

Subarist

Those dominator memsticks are amazing!

xEJVsI7.gif

Subarist

Well the case is builded, now the customising needs some time. Maybe im wrencking the case and build something new with this. Im not happy with all the holes, cables and the bending needs to be perfect wich is not the case now. But this was the first time i bendd acryllic tubes. Actually fun to do this!

_NIO0556-JPG.jpg

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
@Metropolis34 no, they are shot with my camera. Im a professional photographer. BTW i want to make an official complain against my receller. Also receaved a already used NexXxos with damaged ribs. Im not going to send it back, all the hasstle, forget it! But i want to make an official complaint against above named. Kinda pissed off to be exact. To make matters worse, i ordered the wrong graphicscard and actually noticed it when i opened the GFX card to assemble the waterblock. So i have to hold up untill my funds are back in order. I know what i want to do. Maybe im making this case go away and build something myself out of tubes and make the whole rig with tubing. Ideas, ideas, ideas....
Do you have some photos for us regarding this issue?

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Well the case is builded, now the customising needs some time. Maybe im wrencking the case and build something new with this. Im not happy with all the holes, cables and the bending needs to be perfect wich is not the case now. But this was the first time i bendd acryllic tubes. Actually fun to do this!

View attachment 1225
For the first time bending hard tubes ^^ not bad dude :)

Subarist

Well actually you can, do you have two old reservoirs lying around somewhere? I want to expand this project beyond my pc. Is there a way i can contact AC for refurbished or 2nd hand items? This project is far from over ghehehe!