Bubbles in the Reservoir

Jp_508

I just completed my first custom water loop. After flushing the system of possible contaminants it was time to add coolant. All went well & running smoothly. Once the pump was primed & during the filling process there was a considerable amount of bubbles in my res that the pump generated & running it for awhile the bubbles in the system worked their way out of the loop. However though the system itself is bubble free I have hundreds of very tiny bubbles on the clear acrylic case on the inside. Will this go away in time? I thought they would break loose & go to the surface and that would be the end of then, not the case. They have fixed themselves to the inside of the res.

Will this dissipate over time? How long doe sit usually take?

Attachments

• Res Bubbles.jpg
    Res Bubbles.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 9

Jp_508

Hello, let the system run and the bubbles will eventually go away.
Can you open that top right plug? If you can, it can help the bubbles ri

Yes there is a top plug on the upper left corner side & I have it open. It's been 72 hrs & the are still present but better then before, I'll give it sdome more time. If they don't go away my only option would be to fill the entire loop with coolant completely, let the bubbles within the system work there way to the top, that way the pump wouldn't create the bubbles & the radiator would already be full. When I added the coolant to the res I filled it up then by turning off/on off/on to move the fluid through I made sure to keep the res topped off as to not create the bubbles & to keep pump lubricated.
It did seem to work up until the coolant entered the res after circulating through the radiator, it entered the res filled with the bubbles in a misty flow. I assume it was created by moving through the fins, only explanation.

Thanks again for responding