Cape Fusion Core tube

Zachariasz

Hello,

I have Alphacoool Cape Fusion Core reservoir. I bought Alphacool Acryl tube 60x150mm (Manufacturer no.: 15155) as a replacement. However, threads seems to be a bit off. This is about how much I can screw it in without using excesive force:
dokrecenie.jpg

This happens with both sides of the tube. Also, second part of Cape Fusion Core (the one with the lighting towers) seems to fit a bit better, but still, I can't screw it in fully.
And unfortunatelly, it leaks.
Is my tube unit badly threaded? Or maybe alphacool reservoir threads changed a bit over the years? Should I RMA the tube and try with another one or buy new reservoir (which I would rather not as there are not such cool ones as Cape Fusion anymore).

Kind regards

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi There,

normally the Tubes should fit the reservoir.

There were no change in the threads.

Zachariasz

Hello,

I ordered another tube, which arrived today. Unfortunatelly the effect is the same, which means that most likely there is nothing wrong with my units and you did in fact did something to the threads or the threading process. Therefore I would be grateful if you could tell me what's wrong with it and how could I fix it; i.e. if the thread crest on one or other part is too high.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hi,
This is becoming strange now i mean i could understand if one of those tubes are defect but both of them :unsure: May i ask where you are from?

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
I cant imagine that both tube threads are defective. You said both side of the reservoir is the same right? How old are this parts that you like to use with the tubes (top and bottom parts)?

Zachariasz

Yes, both threads on the tube are the same.
Old bottom part fits a bit better than an old top one.
Alphacool Cape Fuzion Core 30 - Acetal - Black was order back in June 2015.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Alphacool Cape Fuzion Core 30 - Acetal - Black was order back in June 2015.
That should be the problem. The lenght/depth of the tube threads are different than the cape fusion. I can ask tomorrow my colleagues from the devolopment. Lets see what they will say. Can you contact me tomorrow via PM please?

Thank you.