Cleaning Alphacool Eisblock Aurora Acryl GPX-N RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio

JulesMK

Hi, I am moving my build to a new case, I have noticed a small amount of build up in the block (possibly from poor rad cleaning or small pieces of plastic from poor hard tube end filing). Can I disassemble the whole block to clean this?
Additionally I assume it is a good idea to replace the thermal pads at the same time, is there a kit I can buy please?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Normally it is sufficient to flush the circuit once with distilled water. Also once against the normal circulation. This is how you actually get all the dirt out of the system.
Disassembling the entire radiator is not really necessary. Especially as this will also invalidate the warranty.

You don't really need to replace the heat conducting pads until after a few years, because they become hard at some point. However, this is also strongly dependent on the actual duration of use, i.e. how long the system ran with which load.

verdacoley

Normally it is sufficient to flush the circuit once with distilled water. Also once against the normal circulation. This is how you actually get all the dirt out of the system.
Disassembling the entire radiator is not really necessary. Especially as this will also invalidate the warranty.

You don't really need to replace the heat conducting pads until after a few years, because they become hard at some point. However, this is also strongly dependent on the actual duration of use, i.e. how long the system ran with which load.
Thank you very much for the explanation.