Coolant questions

luisds

Dear alphacool team
Can you tell me which the diffierent with Alphacool Apex Liquid ECO and Alphacool CKC Cape Kelvin Catcher Clear.Are there any differences in the additives they use, and has the MSDS changed?
Can I mix them? Or it is necessary to clean the old CKC with distilled water first, and then add ECO。
In addition, how long is the recommended use time of ECO coolant, and does it need to be replaced every year? If I use Alphacool Tec Protect 2 Clear, can I use it longer?

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Hi, the CKC is EOL and no longer available from us. In the end, I would not mix different liquids either. If you use a new product, clean the circuit with distilled water beforehand.

There is no fixed maintenance interval here. You should keep an eye on the fluid and if discolouration or contamination appears - then maintenance is due. With our Alphacool Tec Protect 2 Clear, however, you are on the safe side and should not have to access your system so often for replacement.

luisds

Hi, the CKC is EOL and no longer available from us. In the end, I would not mix different liquids either. If you use a new product, clean the circuit with distilled water beforehand.

There is no fixed maintenance interval here. You should keep an eye on the fluid and if discolouration or contamination appears - then maintenance is due. With our Alphacool Tec Protect 2 Clear, however, you are on the safe side and should not have to access your system so often for replacement.
How long is the inspection period appropriate?Is it replaced every six months?

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
There is no definition. Observe your fluid, if there is no contamination and the cooling capacity is not reduced or impaired, there is little reason to change the fluid.