Eis-matrix - what can I add?

Wordweaver

Hey guys!

I'm planning my first DIY loop and I'm a bit stunted by what can control what.

I do have a msi z390 gaming pro board

CPU block will be alphacool XPX aurora
Hpu block will be alphacool aurora acryl 3080 fe
3 fans will be eiszyklon aurora lux digital rgb 120

i still have 2 fractal Prisma red 140 which I'd like to use in the setup (https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07P5PRMVL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_H9CPHZHEX4JGN9DQ2715)

now... with the Eis-matrix 2, can I also but the gpu and cpu block on this, or do I need sth different for them? and can I use the 2 fractal Fans with the controller or are they incompatible?

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @Wordweaver

If you have the MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon motherboard, it has 2 x the 4 pin RGB connector, 1 x the 3 pin digital RGB connector and 1 x the 3 pin digital RGB connector from Corsair.
For the Alphacool Eismatrix 2 you need the 3 pin digital RGB connection of the mainboard.
You can connect the CPU and GPU block to the 2 additional 3-pin connections of the Eismatrix.
You will need these adapter cables for the fans.
Alphacool Digital RGB LED Y-Kabel 3-fach mit JST Stecker 60cm - Schwarz | Überwachung / Steuerung | Shop | Alphacool - the cooling company

You can also connect your 2 Fractal Prisma fans, but unfortunately you will only be able to control the speed of these, as they can only light up in red.

Best Regards

Wordweaver

Thank you for your answer! it's a rare occurrence online, that one gets the answers one needs 2ithout being insulted ?

and well... that those to are staying red is clear, is just wanted to ask if it's possible to route them to the connector. to be more precise all fans are going to be red, but controlling and adding them to controls in one point of access is nice.

usually my mobo is set to show me the temperature, rams are scrolling red, the gpu is green and atm the processor is entombed in a rather massive macho tower cooler (that already killed it's predecessor, but I like it nice and quiet) - the rtx 3080 founders is rather... noisy, so as not to curse, what brings me to... oh well, let's try watercooling for the first time in my life :D

thank you for your great answer! :)