Eisbaer 200 modification questions plz help

I got an Eisbaer 200mm AIO cooler but the hoses are too long.

I want to shorten the hoses, and refill it, but the manual does not say which coolant liquid the cooler comes with (it looks colorless/transparent).
I need to buy more of this coolant.

And also, I want to know how people usually shorten the hoses, Should I buy a shorter hose or just cut it with wire-cutting pliers? The cooler comes with a tubing that comes with an antikink spring around it so it may be more difficult to cut this type of tubing. So, do people cut this type of tubing or just replace the entire tubing altogether with tubing that does not have a metal-spring around it.

I also need to know if the Eisbaer 200 comes prefilled with pure water or with the glycol+water 'Apex Liquid ECO 1000ml clear"
Because I want to extend my system but it doesnt say anywhere in the users manual whether or not it comes with one or the other.

The manual only says this: "only use clear coolants from our own production (CKC, or Eiswasser Crystal - No UV), but the online shop only has three liquids:
1: Apex Liquid ECO 1000ml clear (water + glycol)
2: Alphacool Tec Protect 2 Clear 1000ml (water + glysofor L)
3: Ultra pure reverse osmosed water.

So if I want to expand my system I need to know which one it comes with because if I mix them they lose their properties.
So please tell me which one it comes with Thank you.

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
I also need to know if the Eisbaer 200 comes prefilled with pure water or with the glycol+water 'Apex Liquid ECO 1000ml clear"
Because I want to extend my system but it doesnt say anywhere in the users manual whether or not it comes with one or the other.

The manual only says this: "only use clear coolants from our own production (CKC, or Eiswasser Crystal - No UV), but the online shop only has three liquids:
1: Apex Liquid ECO 1000ml clear (water + glycol)
2: Alphacool Tec Protect 2 Clear 1000ml (water + glysofor L)
3: Ultra pure reverse osmosed water.

So if I want to expand my system I need to know which one it comes with because if I mix them they lose their properties.
So please tell me which one it comes with Thank you.
None of the 3 liquids mentioned are present in the AIO at delivery. However, due to the composition, you can use all 3 coolants for refilling without any problems.

Thomas_S

Staff member
....... And also, I want to know how people usually shorten the hoses, Should I buy a shorter hose or just cut it with wire-cutting pliers? The cooler comes with a tubing that comes with an antikink spring around it so it may be more difficult to cut this type of tubing. So, do people cut this type of tubing or just replace the entire tubing altogether with tubing that does not have a metal-spring around it.
Hi, you can simply pull back the spring & then shorten the tube with sharp pliers. If the tube is not too short, you can continue to use the spring. It is not necessary to buy new tubes.

Perfect, thank you for answering both questions clearly.

@Thomas_S
Do you happen to know of a guide [or just off the top of your head] on whether or not reservoir size has to be increased after the AIO loop is extended with more radiators? Is there a basic rule of thumb (conventional wisdom) that I am missing out on?

Currently, the Eisbaer 200 comes with the DC-LT 2600 v2 and the small reservoir is on top of the CPU.

I suppose that according to your previous answer, this AIO came filled with German Tap water (which the manual advises against using lol [no big deal, as long as it is better than USA tap water from Flint Michigan... lol...]

So please correct me if I am wrong. And please tell me if this is a functional plausible tentative plan:

I want to expand my Eisbaer 200mm with two ultrathin 120x240mm radiators by XSPC, and I estimate that I would need between 10 and 14 90-degree-angle joints. So then the question is. Can I add both radiators, keep the small reservoir, and add the "alphacool eisstation dc80 AIO power unit?
or
Would I have to get a bigger reservoir, and get one of those more powerful dual pump blocks? (I would rather spend less money, as long as the reliability of the system and the performance is good).

If I could just add the little alphacool power unit I am totally fine with that. However I did also get a 5.25" single-bay "Repack" reservoir just in case that is eventually needed since they are probably now out of production.

One last short question, I should never change the radius of the tubing unless I get a more powerful pump like a D5, right? For these DC-LT pumps can only handle the stock tubing (11/8 size if I remember correctly)? I am totally fine with keeping the same tubing. I am just curious. I want to learn more about the different types of pumps and the pros and cons of each.

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
Hi,

our AIOs are prefilled with 70% destilled water and 30%Glycol. Two DC-LT pumps are strog enough if you want to expand the system with two additional radiators but the water flow wouldn´t be great. As tubes you can chose which ever you want. The tube size is only optical and doesn´t influence the water flow or cooling capacity. Bigger tubes will only increase the amount of water in your system.

Hi,

our AIOs are prefilled with 70% destilled water and 30%Glycol. Two DC-LT pumps are strog enough if you want to expand the system with two additional radiators but the water flow wouldn´t be great. As tubes you can chose which ever you want. The tube size is only optical and doesn´t influence the water flow or cooling capacity. Bigger tubes will only increase the amount of water in your system.
If I eventually want to improve the rate fluid flow how would you recommend I go about upgrading the pump system for a setup with 3 radiators? DDC VS D5, Dual Pump vs single pump?
Not necessarily wanting to go for "overkill" but just "properly powerful and reliable cooling with good flow rate"

"AIOs are prefilled with 70% destilled water and 30%Glycol."
In that case, could I buy the Apex Liquid ECO 1000ml [95% distilled H2O, 4.2% Propylene glycol, 0.8% pH stabilizer], and just pour it into the existing 70%-30% H2O-Glycol AIO mixture to fill the new radiators? or Do you recommend draining the old mixture and using only the new mixture?

I figure that diluting the glycol content will probably not hurt, and this new mixture will have more glycol in absolute volume which acts as a good lubricant. So it shouldnt really be a problem to mix them.. Right?

Last edited:

Thomas_S

Staff member
If I eventually want to improve the rate fluid flow how would you recommend I go about upgrading the pump system for a setup with 3 radiators? DDC VS D5, Dual Pump vs single pump? Not necessarily wanting to go for "overkill" but just "properly powerful and reliable cooling with good flow rate"
--> The pump of the AIO will no longer be able to do that! It is advisable to use an additional D5/DDC pump with an expansion tank.

In that case, could I buy the Apex Liquid ECO 1000ml [95% distilled H2O, 4.2% Propylene glycol, 0.8% pH stabilizer], and just pour it into the existing 70%-30% H2O-Glycol AIO mixture to fill the new radiators? or Do you recommend draining the old mixture and using only the new mixture?
I figure that diluting the glycol content will probably not hurt, and this new mixture will have more glycol in absolute volume which acts as a good lubricant. So it shouldnt really be a problem to mix them.. Right?
--> You can use it without any problems.