Eisbaer 240 and high CPU temp

Radar

Hi,

I bought an Eisbaer 240 cooler, from Amazon, in Nov 2017, so it's still in warranty, I think. My problem is that when I render videos, with Camtasia, my CPU temps are getting up to 100 deg C. this is way too high and with 2x240mm Vardar intake fans, and a Phanteks 240mm exhaust fan along with the 2x120mm exhaust fans from the Eisbaer, I should NOT be having such high CPU temps. I think my CPU cooler is not working properly and want to know how to test to see if it's defective so I can make a warranty claim.

Thanks

Here is my system:
CPU: i7-8700K @5.1GHz | Motherboard : ASUS Maximus X Hero A/C | RAM 32GB (G.Skill F4-3200C16D-16GTZR 4X8GB) | GPU Asus 1060 6GB | Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M SE | Storage Samsung 860 EVO 512GB | PSU EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G3 | Display(s) ASUS 22" | Cooling Alphacool Eisbaer 240 | Operating System Windows 10 Pro x64

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Hi There, Is the CPU overclocked? Have you used the system for rendering since the purchase? May i ask where you are from?

Radar

Hi, yes, it's overclocked, based on CPU demand, up to 5.0 GHz (so it only runs at 5GHz when a proces needs to run at that speed, such as rendering. I started having this problem sometime in the last week or so and have rendered hundreds of videos with my CPU only getting up to about 80 def C. It now gets up to 100 dec C

I'm in the USA

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
I assume the block (or the jet plate inside) is clogged or there is not enough fluid in the system (it,s my personal guess/opinion) because the system was working fine before. Is the pump working? The radiator is clean right i mean the lamellas (i know it is a stupid question but i need to ask)?

Radar

I do not see any evidence of a fluid leak, the radiator is clean (I recently blew it out with some canned air). How do I tell if the pump is working other than via my ASUS software and HWMONITOR software, which both show the "fan" is spinning. In fact HWMONITOR shows the max speed of the CPU "fan" was 5357 RPM, since I reset the software last night.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
The warranty (purchase date November 2017) is over buddy we offer here in Europe two years and it is different in the US. Actually the warranty terms are different everywhere depends on the country. If you want to continue to use the system you can change the pump/reservoir combo with the following:

Radar

OK, I removed the cooler from my case and discovered there is no fluid left in the system. I do not see any evidence of a fluid leak, so where did it go? Does it evaporate from within the system?

Can I use any CPU cooler fluid or do I have to use alphacool fluid?

Should I clean out the pump/reservoir - if so, how?

Can I simply refill the system and be done with it or do I need to fill and drain it to clean out any gunk (scientific word) and then refill it?

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
OK, I removed the cooler from my case and discovered there is no fluid left in the system
:oops::oops::oops::oops: Nothing at all? How was the system able to work? If you have to refill the system i would advise to clean it too (as the system is arround 3 years old). After that you can fill it any CPU cooler fluid or as we always recommend distilled water with anti corrosion fluid. Here is a how to video from our partner Mod My Mods

And here are our how to videos;