Eisbaer 360 Aurora RGB + Lian Li PC O11 Dynamic XL

Vinasis

Hello, I am planning to go with the Eisbaer 360 Aurora RGB and was wondering if anyone tried adding it to the side panel, and what kind of thermal results are they having, hope to find some owners of the case here that tried it or someone who had experience with this case.
Regards,

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Well this is interesting as i do not know anyone who has installed the system to the side panel ^^ And as you mention it would be very intersting also to find out how the temps are or what difference it makes ^^

crum3le

I might be able to help here, although I have a distro plate and custom loop rather than the Eisbaer 360 Aurora RGB

Vinasis, by side panel, do you mean the vertical area to the right of the motherboard and between the the rear and front sections?

It will fit there, the gap size is about 440 / 450mm. There are blanking plates as standard, youll need to remove those and you'll lose the ability to mount SSD / HDD there. There are 4 slots in the hot swap trays and maybe room for 3 more on the rear cable cover. so maybe only 7 drive mounts available.

The hoses will need to go to the top, they dont look long enough to reach the bottom, there maybe enough room to remount a couple of the blanking plates above and below the radiator, that will give you another couple of drives and help channel the air through the radiator rather than around it.

Thermals should be fine, grilles on bottom (looking at the case with motherboard facing up,) are big and open, two of them too. Also air intake / exhaust from the hot swap trays. If you want the airflow in the case going the other way; top and bottom intakes are triple rad size. with those big holes, and the panel under the motherboard should be plenty. (the case is designed to take up to 3 x 360 rads)

Most of the airflow between the front and rear sections has to go through the side radiator in that configuration. I dont think the thermals will be any better or worse than mounting the radiator elsewhere in the case, you'll hit the limits of radiator size / ambient temperature / heat generated / pump speed / and many other variables before then. There are some issues / bad design choices with the case but they shouldn't affect the build you have in mind.

enjoy.

crum3le

further to the above question; loop is up and running now, idle temp is 18- 22 degrees, coolant 19, (2 x 360/40 radiators,) pump and fans 100%, but almost silent.

crum3le

Depends on the load... ???

Using CPU-Z; 100% CPU load for 60 seconds, CPU pulling 150w, temp is 44c. Returns to normal temperature 10 seconds after stress test stops.

crum3le

yea, very pleased. Its only been up an hour or so, so no tuning done yet, more of an enhanced leak test. Must still have been some air in it as its now showing 18-19 CPU temp. Room temperature is 17c

crum3le

i've had a chance to stress the GPU a bit now, (2080 Ti), 100% load for 15 mins, 50c. With both CPU and GPU at 100% for 15 min, CPU & GPU were 50c, coolant 29c. at the end of the test, CPU & GPU dropped to 33c, coolant dropped to 26c within 8 minutes and continues a slow ramp down to ambient. (16c). maximum differential in coolant between heat source and reservoir was about 21c.

crum3le

The rads are 2 x 360/45 with 6 120mm cheapo fans... 16mm hard tubes and using the Lian li manifold (hooked up to the cryogenic plant and superconductors... temps went deep into the red last October) lol.

In normal use, it hasn't been switched off for 5 days now, running 5 searches on the NAS, security camera feeds and other stuff, (13 apps open and 10 windows) on 2 ultra wide monitors running 3440 x 1440... (40% peak GPU load) CPU 32c, GPU 29c. Coolant 26c, (16c ambient)

There are three additional temp probes fitted in the loop at the reservoir / manifold. Output from GPU (the same temp as the input to CPU). Output from CPU. Then through the 2 rads, via manifold back to reservoir. Fans and Pump are all at 100% but i can still hear the clock on the wall above it ticking, so the noise levels are perfectly acceptable given the case is only about 1 metre away.

The worst temp I'm seeing is 60c on the HDD in the rear hot swap cage.. I'll be adding another fan in that area to bring that temperature down a bit. It's not a brilliant design. The more I look at the Dynamic XL the less impressed I am with it. I will not be buying another one.

Version 2 of the loop is already in CAD, I'll break out the CNC and try some acrylic carving :cool: ... I don't like that the coolant has to go through the GPU to get to the CPU, I'd rather they were both fed straight from the reservoir with the coolest fluid in the loop. I have a design that will be able to do that. See the bit above with coolant temps going into the CPU being 3c higher than they need to be, (so the GPU, at the time of observation, is getting coolant 3c higher than it could be getting straight from the reservoir.)

Overall, all systems nominal.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Have you posted any photos of your system? If no can you do it please? I am really curious :) How is the air circulation in your case? Are you working with CAD and CNC professionally or just hoby wise?

crum3le

CAD and CNC was professional use but is a hobby now.. but designing and building a CNC as an engineering exercise, it is a good intellectual challenge. Not only do you not have all the answers, you don't know all the questions. lol

No, I've not posted any pics as yet... couple of reasons for that, one being, I havent finished it yet, 2nd is I'm still awaiting some custom parts. I'll post some when its done.

Air circulation; bottom rad +3 fans as intake, top rad and fans exhaust with a shroud over the rear half of the rear fan. 140mm fan above GPU exiting the case at the rear. 2x 80mm fans above power supply to try and cool the HDD tray, more work needed there. Air from the 80mm fans cools the underside of the motherboard and exits via the top radiator. The intake fans all blow across all the hard tube, there's probably some unknown cooling happening here, I haven't run the numbers yet, but it's free extra cooling, so why not use it?

The version 2 has some major tweaks coming stuff I've not seen anywhere. I'm not sure that I can fit it into this case but I'm quietly confident that single digit coolant temps are easily achievable with it.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
it is a good intellectual challenge. Not only do you not have all the answers, you don't know all the questions. lol
This is a good one really :) The only thing i know is that we can ask only questions but never have an answer for it :) Perhaps this should be also the answer for all the theories we have ^^

With the extra cooling i agree why not to use it? ^^ Most of the people dont do that. There are also some cases on the market where the air flow is

disastrous . Right !!! There is non !! I dont want to mention any name here but it is a real fact.