Eisbaer 360 seems to no longer be cooling.

jwmvermont

Several days ago I started noticing a prominent grinding sound coming through my bequiet case, which would stop if I either restarted, or slept, my computer. Temperatures seems fine, in the mid 40's during these events. Today, my PC seems to be running it's fans at 100% and temperatures of my 9900K are in the 100-110 degrees range, even though the machine is at idle.

One of the connectors, the one right above the fill port, is too hot to touch for more then 3 seconds or so. The radiation, and all other ports are either warm, or cool to the touch. The block/pump itself is warm, but not hot.

Obviously the unit is failing, which seems odd for a 2 year old piece of machinery, and I'm very much regretting moving away from big air to a large AIO. It seems as if the pump has died entirely, and simple convection, a large radiator and full bore NF-A12x25's are the only thing keeping the cpu cool.

No wires are loose, no connectors are unplugged. Cooler was working well yesterday.

Any suggestions or help would be very appreciated, I'm concerned for the longevity of my components.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Did you checkt your bios configuration about the configuration on the fan header where you connected the pump? It has to setup to 100% or max rpm not sure how it looks in your bios. Maybe check another header. If that doesn`t help, please write an email to info@alphacool.com.

jwmvermont

Do you believe that suddenly a header has gone bad or a bios setting has switched itself overnight? I find that unlikely but I can certainly check.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
To be honest, i dont think so..... but on the other side.... we have had so many customers with really crazy problems that shouldn't exist. We have people sitting here who have over 20 years of IT support experience and there are a lot of stories about crazy bugs that you would never normally think of. And it doesn't take long to check that.

jwmvermont

haha, fair enough. Got to cover all the bases, I can appreciate that.

Having checked, it is not a header, it is not a bios setting. I will send an e-mail and hopefully a new pump/block can be sent and I can just go ahead and slot it in with the quick connects. After just 2 years of use, to have this unit fail with no replacement, I would finally have to write my first amazon review.