Eisbaer 420 pump stopped working

Defiantone82

I recently purchased an Eisbaer 420 from Scorptec in Victoria, Australia as my first way into water cooling it worked great on my 2700x for a month but the pump has stopped working only readied after my pc shut down . What is the process to fixing this ? Is there a better pump I can buy or is that it and I need to buy a whole new cooler ?

Defiantone82

That is correct , can I just add an aftermarket pump to the loop or will it not work as it has a built in pump already on the cpu block. Just a little annoyed that it's already failed after watching jayztwocents vids on YouTube he always seems to use alphacool rads thats what got me to buying this unit to get into the water cooling scene.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
I am sorry to hear that really :( Sure you can add an aditional pump to run the system no problem. You think you are able to chenge only the pump on the CPU block unit?

Defiantone82

I did ask to see if there was an upgrade at all if I was to put it more money for a stronger pump wasn't sure if there is or not

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
No it is not needed we use the same pump and the other version of it that we have at our shop is bit stronger (3600 RPM instead of 2600) but really loud. It is more suitable for server cooling.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
Then you need a reservoir to be able to instal two pumps. As i wrote above i would not recommend to go with the 3600 one.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
You will get a response today. Monday and Tuesday are very bussy here in the office. Thank you for your patience.

Defiantone82

Thank you I have had someone in touch and sorted me out I will be after a Plexi to for my pump at some stage soon it's around $50 Australian is that correct