eisbaer aurora 360 aio + Gigabyte 6900XT

00Zeb

Hi!

I dont have watercooling today but have bought a watercooled graphics card..

The card I have bought is this one: https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-R69XTAORUSX-WB-16GD#kf

Will the alphacool eisbaer aurora 360 aio be a good match along with my AM4 Ryzen cpu?

Will the following two things be all I need in order to get started?

Best regards
Sebastian

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
Will the following two things be all I need in order to get started?
You need other extensions!

And additional coolant (1x) and a filling aid:

00Zeb

Cool / what kind of temperatures could I expect?

Also, in Sweden they seem to be short supply. I found this one in stock:

What is the difference between the PRO and Aurora 360?

Cool / what kind of temperatures could I expect?

Also, in Sweden they seem to be short supply. I found this one in stock:

What is the difference between the PRO and Aurora 360?
The Pro Version is for large CPU dies. These include AMD Threadripper and Epyc processors and the Intel CPUs for the LGA 3647 and LGA 4189 socket. So it has a larger cooling surface then the Aurora 360.

The compatibility and the exact size of the cooler can be found in the data sheet.

00Zeb

Since I need to fill it a bit with the GPU connected as well I am thinking it would be nice with a reservoir. Making it a bit easier to maintain. Any suggestions of one for this particular solution?

Hagal77

@00Zeb

Link:
My 3900X with GBT RX6900XT Waterforce XT

first i run it only with the Icebear Aurora HPE 360, its possible. But two weeks later i change the combo a bit. It have now a reserve for the summertimes.

Now finaly it runs with the
Alphacool Icebear Aurora HPE 360 + Alphacool Icestation VPP incl. Alphacool Icepump VPP755 V.3 with 120mm ST30. (and its great!)

greetz

fyi:
The Icebear Aurora Pro/HPE have a smal reservoir within. The pro version fit on AM4, but its real big and not needed. Check on your board+case have enough space (RAM) and over it, because the pump must be mounted with the window facing upwards

Last edited:

00Zeb

@00Zeb

Link:
My 3900X with GBT RX6900XT Waterforce XT

first i run it only with the Icebear Aurora HPE 360, its possible. But two weeks later i change the combo a bit. It have now a reserve for the summertimes.

Now finaly it runs with the
Alphacool Icebear Aurora HPE 360 + Alphacool Icestation VPP incl. Alphacool Icepump VPP755 V.3 with 120mm ST30. (and its great!)

greetz

fyi:
The Icebear Aurora Pro/HPE have a smal reservoir within. The pro version fit on AM4, but its real big and not needed. Check on your board+case have enough space (RAM) and over it, because the pump must be mounted with the window facing upwards

I bought the graphics card on black friday sale for 650€. Great price. To me it sounds like you made the temps a bit better than originally, but not a lot.

I am planning on upgrading my 1800x to either 5700x or 5800x.

Now with what you shared I am actually thinking about returning the card. It seems to me you spent... like at least 300€ on it?

Maybe... it would be better to just look at something for the GPU? Does that exist? I am rather satisfied with my Noctua from 2008.

Did I understand you correctly, that this is what you have?
And The things I suggested in the original post (Aurora 360, I dont know what HPE is..)?

Hagal77

That would be a mistake, the card is great. Keep in mind it runs at 2.6GHz stock clock 100% of the time! The price is great, I paid 699€, which is a bargain for the card at the time. (My sys combinated 435W-TDP)

This GPU also has the 128MB IFY cache. In 3D Mark I am 98 and 99% better than everyone else with my non OC config. Take the 5800X3D if you want, then your gaming performance should be even higher than mine, because of the large CPU cache.

High-Performance-Edition (HPE) has an even better full copper radiator. The warmer it gets (environment) the better it performs. At the moment GPUs cost between 1400 and 2000€ and your system benefits from the better cooling.

I'm glad I was able to get this card and the cooling system was also worth it.

PS: Results

Timespy UHD (Top 1500 Worldwide)

FireStrike (Top 700 Worldwide)

Last edited:

00Zeb

That would be a mistake, the card is great. Keep in mind it runs at 2.6GHz stock clock 100% of the time! The price is great, I paid 699€, which is a bargain for the card at the time. (My sys combinated 435W-TDP)

This GPU also has the 128MB IFY cache. In 3D Mark I am 98 and 99% better than everyone else with my non OC config. Take the 5800X3D if you want, then your gaming performance should be even higher than mine, because of the large CPU cache.

High-Performance-Edition (HPE) has an even better full copper radiator. The warmer it gets (environment) the better it performs. At the moment GPUs cost between 1400 and 2000€ and your system benefits from the better cooling.

I'm glad I was able to get this card and the cooling system was also worth it.

PS: Results

Timespy UHD (Top 1500 Worldwide)

FireStrike (Top 700 Worldwide)
Thanks!

Yeah.. I agree - graphics market seem crazy. I find it kind of interesting to tinker and to try out watercooling. Maybe this will be a good thing to get started with.

Is there any solution like the eisbaer but only for the GPU? I see the products like Eiswolf, but since I dont need another gpu cooler that would be kind of wasted.

What kind of products would be needed to do for exmple an alphacool GPU only solution?

Hagal77

Two possible solutions, Icewulf oder a Pump like my support pump. Take a 240, 280 or 360 Radiator.

Alphacool Eisstation VPP inkl. Alphacool Eispumpe VPP755 V.3 (one) € 79.98
ST30-240 fexp. (one) € 58.98
Alphacool Eisbaer TPV Extension Set (Schlauch und Anschlüsse) (two pieces) € 30,78 total
Alphacool Apex Liquid ECO 1000ml clear (one) € 14.98
Spritzflasche 250ml PE-LD (one) € 3.59

188,31€ incl. tax, this is a better price than all AiO at the market! Overall you can later advance the Watercooling with the CPU and so on.

Alternative you can check price at geizhals or other portales and safe some Crowns.

mfg and merry christmas at all

(fyi) my sys was; Icebear -> Reservoir* -> VPP755* -> ST30-120 -> Waterforce -> ST30HPE-360

00Zeb

Two possible solutions, Icewulf oder a Pump like my support pump. Take a 240, 280 or 360 Radiator.

Alphacool Eisstation VPP inkl. Alphacool Eispumpe VPP755 V.3 (one) € 79.98
ST30-240 fexp. (one) € 58.98
Alphacool Eisbaer TPV Extension Set (Schlauch und Anschlüsse) (two pieces) € 30,78 total
Alphacool Apex Liquid ECO 1000ml clear (one) € 14.98
Spritzflasche 250ml PE-LD (one) € 3.59

188,31€ incl. tax, this is a better price than all AiO at the market! Overall you can later advance the Watercooling with the CPU and so on.

Alternative you can check price at geizhals or other portales and safe some Crowns.

mfg and merry christmas at all

(fyi) my sys was; Icebear -> Reservoir* -> VPP755* -> ST30-120 -> Waterforce -> ST30HPE-360
Is it possible to extend it with this? https://www.aquatuning.se/vattenkyl...n/21507/alphacool-eisblock-xpx-cpu-deep-black

Or is there anything better maybe?

Hagal77

I'm not sure if there is a pump built in, what bothers me is that it says aluminium and copper. It is always better to use copper because of the ion exchange (sludge formation).

A member of staff would have to say what exactly is meant by AL, or whether this aluminium somehow comes into contact with the water. Otherwise yes

If you take the VPP pump with integrated expansion tank, then you can of course also just use a CPU cooler without a pump, as the VPP is strong enough for both (in stage 3 or 4). In my system there are only two pumps, because the polar bear was installed first, which as I said ran ok, but had too little reserve in the summer.

greetz

PS:
So the VPP has a rotary control on the underside where you can set between levels 1 and 4, depending on how many heat sinks are attached to it. It regulates the flow rate per hour.

I would take level 1.5 to 2 for the GPU alone. If there is a CPU attached to it, then 3 to 3.5. If there is also a RAM and chipset cooler, then turn it up to full. The quick-connect hoses reduce the flow rate due to their narrow points at the coupling.

I would avoid the hard tubes etc. if you have to transport the PC, it is easier to maintain because you hardly have to drain any water, or none at all.

I hope all your questions are now answered.
When assembling, remember to ensure that not too much air enters the system; there are manufacturer videos with tips on this, air always rises. Also, your PC case should have enough space for everything.

Last edited:

00Zeb

I'm not sure if there is a pump built in, what bothers me is that it says aluminium and copper. It is always better to use copper because of the ion exchange (sludge formation).

A member of staff would have to say what exactly is meant by AL, or whether this aluminium somehow comes into contact with the water. Otherwise yes

If you take the VPP pump with integrated expansion tank, then you can of course also just use a CPU cooler without a pump, as the VPP is strong enough for both (in stage 3 or 4). In my system there are only two pumps, because the polar bear was installed first, which as I said ran ok, but had too little reserve in the summer.

greetz

PS:
So the VPP has a rotary control on the underside where you can set between levels 1 and 4, depending on how many heat sinks are attached to it. It regulates the flow rate per hour.

I would take level 1.5 to 2 for the GPU alone. If there is a CPU attached to it, then 3 to 3.5. If there is also a RAM and chipset cooler, then turn it up to full. The quick-connect hoses reduce the flow rate due to their narrow points at the coupling.

I would avoid the hard tubes etc. if you have to transport the PC, it is easier to maintain because you hardly have to drain any water, or none at all.

I hope all your questions are now answered.
When assembling, remember to ensure that not too much air enters the system; there are manufacturer videos with tips on this, air always rises. Also, your PC case should have enough space for everything.
Thanks so much for all the tips..

I actually ended up returning the card after doing some thinking. My main reasoning was that - yes it is a good deal right now for 585€ (I just did the conversion)... but the card will be basically unsellable on the market 2 years from now as it will be an enthusiast card but no enthusiast would want a 4 year old model. I kind of always get back 50% on all my GPU's when selling them when I upgrade. That makes the 585€ deal less attractive.

After looking at many videos on watercooling - I am now sure I want to try it. At the moment I have a very good air cooling solution with max temps around 60C for both CPU/GPU. I thought about buying a watercooler for my Geforce 280 but I dont see much point.

Instead...

I will try to build a watercooling solution for my raspberry PI 4. :)

So I will use that to learn and maintain. Then upgrade from my NZXT h440 silent case to a case more suited for watercooling (looking at Lian Li O11 Dynamic or something similiar.. maybe Fractal design North)

Again thanks for all the help.

Last edited: