EISBAER AURORA 420 CPU AIO

onthebubble

WATER COOLING UNIT - 420MM . I have just received this item , unfortunately when i went to mount it in my view 71 case by thermaltake the hoses are not long enough to reach the cpu , it could make it but under to much tension for my liking , and radiator is not mounted optimally if i was too also .does any body know if there is any work around to extend the tubes or replace them entirely ? to gain the length required . i don't want to return it it looks cool asf

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @onthebubble

Normally, the Thermaltake view 71 should have space for a 420mm radiator on the top and in the front of the housing. According to the Thermaltake website. Where would you mount the radiator? The best installation situation with AIO systems is when the radiator is always above the pump unit, as the expansion tank in the cooler is not very large, the accumulated air can always collect in the radiator. So that the pump cannot run dry. But with a little manual skill you can also swap the hoses and use longer ones.

Just get in touch for further questions.
My English is not perfect, but I do my best.

Best regards

onthebubble

Hi,

Thanks for the response , i was looking to mount it in the front or even side mount it , the view 71 has multiple mounts for a 420mm radiator you are correct. its that the hoses do not reach to the cpu , especially if was to front mount it , the hoses would be very short . i am fitting the radiator with the hoses to the top above the cpu position so any air will be taken up into the radiator . i'm quite prepared to do some manual work if the unit allows me too , this is my first non corsair aio and i'm a bit lost though, any help would be great.

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hey @onthebubble

It is best to install the radiator at the top. This means that the pump has the least resistance because it only has to pump up a short distance. And the water can flow straight through the radiator. If you still want to install it on the side or in the front, you just have to see whether it is at least a bit above the cooler. I will link you to the currently installed hose and coolant.

The Hose

The Coolant

Since you would then have to change the hose, it is best to expand the AIO. The hose goes strictly from the fitting, as they are secured with a locking ring. But more about who you want to do that.

Best regards

Lucid

Hey @onthebubble

It is best to install the radiator at the top. This means that the pump has the least resistance because it only has to pump up a short distance. And the water can flow straight through the radiator. If you still want to install it on the side or in the front, you just have to see whether it is at least a bit above the cooler. I will link you to the currently installed hose and coolant.

The Hose

The Coolant

Since you would then have to change the hose, it is best to expand the AIO. The hose goes strictly from the fitting, as they are secured with a locking ring. But more about who you want to do that.

Best regards
Luckystricker, do you have any advice on how to remove the fitting from the hose, in order to replace with a longer length of TPV tubing, but use that fitting. I have the same problem as OP in a different case.

onthebubble

Thanks for the tips and product links @Luckystricker , are these simply push fit attachments , or is a bonding agent used ?, with luck i hope i can find a utube video or something . it doesn't sound to tricky but i'd hate to ruin a brand new aio , as i cant see it staying under warranty once i attempt this.

Thanks

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @onthebubble

These are normal soft tube fittings or they come from the industrial server area. The TPV hoses used have a higher peel strength in connection with the TPV fittings than the normal PVC hoses. In addition, the fittings have a locking ring. You can't just pull off the hose, you have to turn it down with a gentle pull on the hose.
I'm adding a picture of the fitting.
1604836680203.png

If a direct employee of AC gives you an OK regarding the conversion to other hoses, I think there is no problem for the warranty.
But I can't promise that

Best Regards

Lucid

Hi @onthebubble

These are normal soft tube fittings or they come from the industrial server area. The TPV hoses used have a higher peel strength in connection with the TPV fittings than the normal PVC hoses. In addition, the fittings have a locking ring. You can't just pull off the hose, you have to turn it down with a gentle pull on the hose.
I'm adding a picture of the fitting.
View attachment 1814

If a direct employee of AC gives you an OK regarding the conversion to other hoses, I think there is no problem for the warranty.

Best Regards
Do all these fittings have the locking ring? Even when you buy them seperately here: https://www.alphacool.com/shop/ansc...acool-hf-anschraubtuelle-tpv-metall-900-black

Can it function safely without the locking ring? I really like the compact size of these fittings and the 12.7/7.6 mm tubing.

If it's difficult, maybe it's better for me to use the 16/10 mm TPV and compression fittings. What do you think?

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @Lucid

The locking ring is not absolutely necessary, it ensures a higher tensile strength. As far as I know, it is only included with the pre-filled products with the TPV system. For the use of the 16 / 10mm TPV hose and the normal fittings, it is then advisable to use the compression rings.

I link the articles I mean.

The 16/10 Hose

The Fitting

The Compression Ring Set

What I think about it, what should be built in, what you like better. My private system is currently still with 11 / 8mm soft tubes, but I would like to convert it to 16 / 10mm hard tubes if the time fits.
I hope i can answer your Question.

Best Regards

onthebubble

@Luckystricker
I was thinking i would go ahead with the modification myself , and if i could get approval under the warranty from a employee that would be great. , Then i had a idea of adding some bling whilst extending the hoses , could i use the fittings i've added links to , as replacements for the new lines ?
adding clear tubing and chrome fittings would look cool :)

are compression rings required for this also ?

Thanks

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @onthebubble

You have to wait for an answer before you do a renovation.
No, you don't need the compression rings with the normal hose, they are more intended for the TPV hoses.

Lucid

Hi @onthebubble

You have to wait for an answer before you do a renovation.
No, you don't need the compression rings with the normal hose, they are more intended for the TPV hoses.
So if we go with 16/10 TPV hoses, we need the compression rings? But if we use the 12.7/7.6 TPV, the ring is not needed?

Last edited:

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hi @Lucid

Sorry for the late reply. I add corresponding product images to illustrate better.

With the TPV fittings 12.7 / 7.6 mm, a locking ring around the hose is easier to fix.
1605043191349.png

But if you want to use the TPV hose 16/10 with the normal Eiszapfen fittings you should use the optional locking rings.
1605043227886.png

If you compare the two fittings, you can see that the 12.7 / 7.6 mm is pushed over two bars, the 16/10 mm only over one.

The ring simply presses the TPV hose against the fitting when screwing it shut, thus ensuring a more secure fit.
1605043244179.png

My English is not perfect, I hope I have translated everything correctly and understandably. ?

Best Regards Marcel

onthebubble

I'll contact support and see if i can get a ok on the warranty, even if not i think its do able and will be a adequate solution for me extra bling included , I'll update the thread with pics when i'm done , thanks again @Luckystricker everything was very clear , nice english :)

Lucid

Hi @Lucid

Sorry for the late reply. I add corresponding product images to illustrate better.

With the TPV fittings 12.7 / 7.6 mm, a locking ring around the hose is easier to fix.

But if you want to use the TPV hose 16/10 with the normal Eiszapfen fittings you should use the optional locking rings.

If you compare the two fittings, you can see that the 12.7 / 7.6 mm is pushed over two bars, the 16/10 mm only over one.

The ring simply presses the TPV hose against the fitting when screwing it shut, thus ensuring a more secure fit.
View attachment 1832

My English is not perfect, I hope I have translated everything correctly and understandably. ?

Best Regards Marcel
@Luckystricker would these fittings https://www.aquatuning.us/water-coo...ession-fitting-900-revolvable-g1/4-deep-black also work with the 16/10mm TPV tubing and the locking ring? Even though they are the older model and not the Eiszapfen? I like the blue logo better on this one.

1605121499352.png

Thanks for answering my questions. Sorry for hijacking the thread, I just thought we could keep the information and discussion at a central point. I really appreciate your time. I'm looking at a $1200 USD cart and I want to make sure I have everything I want because shipping is expensive.

Luckystricker

Official Alphacool Staff
Staff member
Hey @Lucid

That's not a problem, that's what this forum is for. It's nice who you can help and learn something yourself. :D

Yes, these fittings work too. I think the two only differ in a few optical aspects.

If you want a complete delivery with all parts to save the freight charges, then I would prefer to take a few more of the fittings.
You always plan as you do with the hose works best, but it can happen that you get a nicer curve with another fitting or can hide it better.
So it is annoying if you have to order one extra and have to wait again.

Best Regards