Eisbaer aurora 420 very hot

Hitvrok

the problem is overheating
my system is ryzen 5900x and eisbaer aurora 420 rgb.
at the beginning I didn't notice, but my CPU temperature in the bios is 65-70 degrees, when booting the PC to the windows desktop 80 degrees, after booting it already dropped to 44-50. I went into the OCCT test and aida reached 95-105 degrees and the PC turned off. I found how to do a long test, lowered the voltage and frequency of the ryzen 5900x core to 4000 mhz, temperatures dropped to 88-90 dropped during a long test. and the eisbaer heating was only at one corner of the radiator where the eisbaer quick connect everything else is cold.
What I did:
1. I changed the thermal paste more than once, it didn't help
2. I cleaned the radiator from dust, it didn't help
3. I checked the pump is spinning, yes it works.
4. they advised me to clean and change the liquid, I did everything.
5. after that, the water does not seem to leave the water block, the pump turns, the processor overheats in 30 seconds, the water in the water block heats up.
is there a problem with a fast connection?

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Open the quick release and close it again. It could be that the seal has jammed inside during assembly. So a little crosswise and thus does not open properly when screwing together.
Otherwise, open times the linked instructions in the store. The nuts that are still enclosed, we leave out in the future, because many customers do not screw them far enough. Then they lie on the board and prevent a suitable contact pressure.

Hitvrok

I've done this several times, it didn't help. I pressed them on both sides, where the outlet to the water block is pressed normally, on the other hand it is clamped tightly and is not clamped. I tried to connect them and blow air from both sides does not come out at all.

Eddy

Iceman
Staff member
Can you show me a picture of the system? Like to how the position is from everything.

Hitvrok

Screenshot_20220525-172650.jpgradiator on top of the housing. if you leave the PC on, the water block becomes hot, and the PC turns off due to overheating

Hitvrok

СThanks, figured it out myself. the fast connection does not work normally, I had to remove the sealing ring. now the temperature in the test is not higher than 70 degrees. before it reached 100Thanks, figured it out myself. the fast connection does not work normally, I had to remove the sealing ring. now the temperature in the test is not higher than 70 degrees. before it reached 100

Thomas_S

... the nice marketing guy next door
Staff member
No, you can't. You need the matching fittings for the selected tube size. For example: a 12.7/7.6 fitting does not fit on a 11/8 tube!