Eisbaer Aurora LT360 CPU AIO Design fault?

Tarhh

Hi,

So I installed the "Eisbaer Aurora LT360 CPU AIO", and the small plastic washer at the bottom doesn't make any sense to me. It makes the installation process extremely difficult, as you need to align it and remove every component around to push it back if it moves during the process. It's a real pain, and I've always been wondering about its purpose (attached in the 1st picture)

Then, after tightening the block, I missed the part in the documentation where it says to only tighten it by hand. Now, my block is all bent and ruined (see the second picture). As you can see from the image, the small plastic washer still makes no sense. In my previous AIO, it had a long, about 1cm, plastic washer/tube in the place where that small plastic washer is currently, which protected from over tightening and it stayed easily in place during installation (since the motherboard point where the washer currently sits was inside it, so it didn't move).

So, a bit disappointing to be honest. I love the GPU AIO and the ability to loop it with the CPU AIO and all, but I feel there's a design fault in there, never want to re-install that block again or am I not understanding something, or did I do something wrong here? Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-07 110054.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-07 110054.png
    794.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot 2023-11-07 110525.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-07 110525.png
    536.6 KB · Views: 18

Tarhh

Hi,

I don´t know where you have seen that you have to mount the Eisbaer like this. First off all, remove the nuts, They are not needed and cause a lot of problems. THe 2mm spacers are also placed on the wrong place. Please check the manual to check how to mount the water block.

Hi, I followed the Install instuctions (image attached), and there is a nut there.. also nut is included with AMD installation bag, now while looking from that it's hard to say what is nut or what is washer in that image there.. also checked in included manual (book) same instructions and images there.. so not same as in above reply documentation. Also hard to spot the part on text where it says 'hand tighten only', easy to miss that like I did, expected to tighten it with screwdriver like most AIO's/Coolers this far has been.

So are my instructions wrong there?

Attachments

• eisbart1.png
    eisbart1.png
    646.1 KB · Views: 10

Vanzin

Support
Staff member
HI,

you have received a older manual, where the nuts has been used to secure the screws for easier mounting. Unfortunately most customers didn´t use them as intented and therefore we have removed them. Please mount the water block as in the linked manual to avoid problems with the pressure, due false used nuts.

Tarhh

Would add here, that following 'updated/new' instructions, it did mount correctly, and don't think there is any problem with mounting anymore, but block was previously unnecessarily bent, by following wrong included instructions.. so have to live with that, altough all works.

Alphacool makes great products but they have sent me packages with the wrong items in them like 3 times already in a space of a single year. Nobody wants to do this menial labor of packaging things... You just gotta have some kind of robot pick and place machine do this crap. The way they are packaging the products it is really like everybody hates this job. Understandably so.