Eisbaer Extreme 280 Case Compatibility

Tolagarf

Hi there.

According to the specs of the Alphacool Eisbaer Extreme 280, it's mentioned that it's compatible with the Fractal Design Define R6 case. I assume this is only for mounting the AIO in the front without the HDD trays installed? It would be a very tight fit otherwise as I can only measure about 64mm between the fan mount and the HDD trays (not precise)

As it turns out I tried mounting this AIO in a Be Quiet Dark Base 900 in the top position, but even with the motherboard tray in the lowest position, the AIO would conflict with the HDD backplane. Front mounting wasn't an option for me here, so unfortunately I had to return the product to Aquatuning, but realized it might actually been able to fit this in the Fractal Design Define R6 case instead (as I own both cases).

Since you don't specify in which positions the AIO can be mounted (and where it cannot) on your cases compatibility list, I'm very curious about this, as I kind of regretted returning it. But nothing to be done about that now...

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
I do not have much expirience with this case (Define R6) but as far i know the 420 mm radiator has to be mounted with the connections to the rear, which may close the connection plugs against the radiator frame. But if you want to mount the 420 the other way around, you have to mount the 280 in the bottom of the case. Can cause problems with power supply length and cable management, but in my opinion it is the better solution :)

Tolagarf

Well there's no way the Extreme 280 would be able to mount in the top due to it's width (156mm) and thickness (64,5mm). Even though there are offset holes for mounting radiators in the top, this cooler would without a doubt conflict against the motherboard VRM heatsink at the top of the board. So the front is the only option, and the bottom can barely hold a normal 280 radiator, so the Extreme 280 wouldn't be able to fit there either.

Metropolis34

Support
Staff member
As i told you i do not have much expirience with this case. Maybe some of our forum user/s has a similar case and the Eisbaer Extreem and can share some information with us. BTW i was talking about radiators not the Extreme :) regarding placing them in the case. Sorry my bad ^^

fenice19

The same with phantecks entoo primo. Doesn't fit on top position if placed internaly. much larger..due eisbarer case..not the radiator itself .there is front bay conflict.
For me the only option is to place on top Yes but outside,20200731_161917.jpg after removing the top plastic frame of entoo case