Eisbaer Extreme 280MM

shadowmatt

I have just received this and fitted it to my Phanteks Evolv X in the top radiator space. It just fit!

A few concerns...

1. Only providing 4 (little) screws and washers seems kind of cheap considering the weight of the unit

2. One of the screw allen key holes wore down after 1 round of tightening and untightening

3. One of the screw hole threads stripped after the same tightening / untightening to try to position it better

4. The backplate is awful and the 3M tape does nothing to hold it in place when trying to mount the block to the CPU. Noctua manage to make strong backplates that screw in place making mounting easy.

5. The instructions, namely the part about what cable is which, doesn't match the actual cables coming out of the unit

So whilst I am impressed with the unit and its quality my experience has been let down by screws. Now I have to consider if over time the weak screws / threads will get worse and potentially fail probably causing damage to the computer, especially the GPU as if it falls it would wipe that out.

I did not over tighten anything, I used an allen key and a finger to rotate the screws until I met resistance and then stopped.

marcgk

I have just received this and fitted it to my Phanteks Evolv X in the top radiator space. It just fit!

A few concerns...

1. Only providing 4 (little) screws and washers seems kind of cheap considering the weight of the unit

2. One of the screw allen key holes wore down after 1 round of tightening and untightening

3. One of the screw hole threads stripped after the same tightening / untightening to try to position it better

4. The backplate is awful and the 3M tape does nothing to hold it in place when trying to mount the block to the CPU. Noctua manage to make strong backplates that screw in place making mounting easy.

5. The instructions, namely the part about what cable is which, doesn't match the actual cables coming out of the unit

So whilst I am impressed with the unit and its quality my experience has been let down by screws. Now I have to consider if over time the weak screws / threads will get worse and potentially fail probably causing damage to the computer, especially the GPU as if it falls it would wipe that out.

I did not over tighten anything, I used an allen key and a finger to rotate the screws until I met resistance and then stopped.

Hi @shadowmatt

Did you have any issue fitting the Eisbaer Extreme on top?

I'm worried if I have issues with the ram clearance (My RAM is G.Skill Trident Z)

Thanks